Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$1 bill serial number error

I have a $1 bill where the last number is higher than the rest of the numbers. To my understanding that would be considered an error, correct? Is it a common error, or is it something that can be worth something and worth keeping?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options

thanks! i wasnt too sure how to post a picture lol otherwise i would have lol

• Options

oh gotcha thanks again!

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're talking about the serial number, there's no limit on the last number???? 11111119 is perfectly legitimate.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

11111119 is however a desirable note.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

The following note shows a minor misaligned digit. These aren't that unusual, and have no premium over face value (regardless of what you see on etsy). If your note is missing some of the digit or shows part of another digit, and that might add a little value depending on condition.

Nothing wrong with keeping it if you like it, but it will always be worth face value. When you're approved as a member, post a pic for confirmation.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

@brandon_seacrist , Have you ever been to the FUN coin and currency show in Orlando? If not, Let's go Brandon!

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭

Mizzou - Reported.

Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file