Home Sports Talk

Would Aaron Rodgers really boycott the Super Bowl?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boomer Esiason got a text on his show and he says he would trust the source of the text, the text was that Aaron Rodgers will threaten to boycott the Super Bowl to make a point, if the Packers make it that far, check out the video.

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember earlier in the NFL season a "reliable source" stated Deshaun Watson was going to be traded to the Miami dolphins and in return they would send Tau packing? I don't trust these sources that say whatever they want just to get "hits" on their social media accounts. JMO...

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2022 4:35PM

Doubt it's true but seems like the kind of guy to make that kind of threat and the kind of guy who would change his mind at the last minute to play hero. He has a hero complex.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no chance this is true. None. Boomer should be embarrassed for even bringing this up.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a chance.

If he ever did that he would never take another snap in the NFL again

• electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

This is one of the silliest sport stories ever mentioned!

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are we so fixated on such an ego driven, self-centered bozo?
    I couldn't care less what he does or doesn't do. If he wants to light himself on fire, boycott the super bowl, or whatever, so be it.

YAWN!!!

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2022 10:38AM

Rodgers is so competitive I cant believe this would ever come to fruition. Another Super Bowl championship is so huge I cant see him not playing in that game. If he even threatened to do that publicly, the people of GB would run him out of town on a rail.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Rogers has a huge ego, but he’s not a crazy head case like Antonio Brown.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

no way.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2022 10:44PM

Moot point.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

he wont have to worry about it this year!

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.