Home Sports Talk
Options

Antonio Brown claims severe ankle injury and that he was cut, he didn't quit.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brown now claims he had a very serious ankle injury and he will undergo surgery soon.

Source MSN sports:

“I didn’t quit,” Brown said in a lengthy statement issued through his attorney. “I was cut. I didn’t walk away from my brothers. I was thrown out. Being fired on the sideline for having a painful injury was bad enough. Then came their ‘spin.’ Coach denied on national television that he knew about my ankle. That’s 100 [percent] inaccurate. Not only did he know I missed several games with the injury, he and I exchanged texts days before the game where he clearly acknowledged my injury.”

Brown said he will undergo surgery on the ankle. He did not refer to Buccaneers Coach Bruce Arians by name but appeared to chronicle a sideline verbal dispute with Arians during Sunday’s game that led to Brown’s exit.

“I played until it was clear that I could not use my ankle to safely perform my playing responsibilities,” Brown said. “On top of that, the pain was extreme. I took a seat on the sideline and my coach came up to me, very upset, and shouted, ‘What’s wrong with you? What’s wrong with you?’ I told him, ‘It’s my ankle.’ But he knew that. It was well-documented and we had discussed it. He then ordered me to get on the field. I said, ‘Coach, I can’t.’ He didn’t call for medical attention. Instead, he shouted at me, ‘YOU’RE DONE!’ while he ran his finger across his throat. Coach was telling me that if I didn’t play hurt, then I was done with the Bucs.”

Comments

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has the MRI to prove his point. If witnesses can corroborate his side of the story, I think this is ground for firing the Head Coach. No way a supervisor can behave that way towards an employee (if AB's side holds up), and there should be at minimum, a big lawsuit coming........

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless of the situation it all boils down to this-

Antonio Brown = Drama

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

correct, Antonio Brown = Drama.

however, if these allegations hold up, there is a big problem brewing for the Bucs. there certainly would be a civil case and BA would/should be fired. no way to treat an employee.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

anyone see the vid of him leaving the stadium? not only did he jog off, but he was also hopping up and down like a rabbit in the end zone trying to incite the crowd on his way out...........all done with a smile on his face. at no time did he have the look of a dude with a severe ankle injury. zero.........that's the amount of credibility AB has in my book.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    anyone see the vid of him leaving the stadium? not only did he jog off, but he was also hopping up and down like a rabbit in the end zone trying to incite the crowd on his way out...........all done with a smile on his face. at no time did he have the look of a dude with a severe ankle injury. zero.........that's the amount of credibility AB has in my book.

100% Agreed

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder what Bruce Arians side of the story is, I need to hear his side of the story before I make my final decision, then I'll hand down my punishment.

• Options
    edited January 6, 2022 9:29AM

@doubledragon said:
    I wonder what Bruce Arians side of the story is, I need to hear his side of the story before I make my final decision, then I'll hand down my punishment.

I wouldn’t believe a word he says either lol

But I’m on his side 100% on releasing AB

• Options

BA apparently has told the media he did not know of the current AB injury. AB has posted texts where he and BA discussed the injury on thursday and friday.

could it be that AB is actually telling the truth?

the MRIs are supposedly showing a pretty significant injury as well.

• Options
    edited January 6, 2022 10:00AM

Oh my goodness, just look at this, apparently Antonio Brown posted this on Instagram, he's showing a poster of Home Alone and he put himself in the middle and Brady and Arians on the sides of him. He is trying to insinuate that Brady and Arians left him lost in New York and that Brady and Arians are the villains.

• Options

the mere fact that mike tomlin dealt with this guy for 9 years and wasn't institutionalized at any point along the way is one of the more remarkable accomplishments in the history of mankind

• Options

@craig44 said:
    BA apparently has told the media he did not know of the current AB injury. AB has posted texts where he and BA discussed the injury on thursday and friday.

could it be that AB is actually telling the truth?

the MRIs are supposedly showing a pretty significant injury as well.

The jumping around and jogging makes it a a tough sell, especially with the wild eyes and fist pumping. A significant injury would limit this type of behavior in my humble opinion

• Options
    edited January 6, 2022 10:27AM

To be honest, I think this whole thing probably started because during the Jets game, Brady recognized that the Jets were playing single coverage on Gronk, and Brady took advantage of that and targeted Gronk more than Brown and Brown got pissed about it.

• Options

if AB's extensive track record of moonlighting as a sociopath wasn't enough to dissuade anyone from believing a word that exits his mouth, him turning on Brady today -- you know, the fella who all but saved AB from himself -- should eliminate any doubt

• Options
    edited January 6, 2022 10:37AM

@galaxy27 said:
    if AB's extensive track record of moonlighting as a sociopath wasn't enough to dissuade anyone from believing a word that exits his mouth, him turning on Brady today -- you know, the fella who all but saved AB from himself -- should eliminate any doubt

Is that legit? I mean not that I can understand a word of it either way but it don’t sound like he is praising Brady

• Options

I just researched it. He isn’t going after Brady, he is going after Guerrero.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/antonio-brown-bruce-arians-tom-brady-alex-guerrero/1muznd4pdmhkt1t0j4h5zytt7x

• Options
    edited January 6, 2022 10:55AM

he was absolutely going after Brady initially. notice he said "people" and not "someone" in that tweet, thereby lumping TB in with the trainer. and in the home alone meme that double d posted, he removed the thieves' faces and inserted the mugs of Arians and Brady. of course he backtracked later and said that Brady was good to him, but that's how he rolls. it's like an effed up Jim Jones training camp where he builds someone up, just so he can tear them down later. rinse and repeat. nothing is ever his fault.

the guy is beyond cancerous and has been for years. Steelers, Raiders, Pats, Bucs. think about how things ended with each of those teams. i'm sure Ryan Pace (Bears' GM) will be rattling his cage soon.

• Options

seems to me like TB12 stuck his neck out for AB.

• Options

Yes, and Brady even let Antonio Brown live with him for a while last season.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

Brady did what he could for this guy, he went above and beyond

• Options

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

Brady did what he could for this guy, he went above and beyond

Yes, which is why the Bucs should sign Terrell Owens, TO would love to work with Brady, and will defend Brady is the press attacks him.

• Options

And TO would never disrespect the Bucs uniform, and throw equipment into the stands like AB did, has more honor than that.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    [Yes, and Brady even let Antonio Brown live with him for a while last season.]

That would have made a great reality show........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@doubledragon said:

Yes it would, I would tune in! 😂😂

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@doubledragon said:

Throw in a shirtless Terry Bradshaw

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:

@Steven59 said:

@doubledragon said:

Have you ever watched that reality show with Terry Bradshaw? I think it's was/is called "The Bradshaw Bunch" - It was the worst thing I ever wasted my time watching.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Oh my goodness, just look at this, apparently Antonio Brown posted this on Instagram, he's showing a poster of Home Alone and he put himself in the middle and Brady and Arians on the sides of him. He is trying to insinuate that Brady and Arians left him lost in New York and that Brady and Arians are the villains.

Copyright infringement?

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@Steven59 said:

@Alfonz24 said:

@Steven59 said:

@doubledragon said:

Have you ever watched that reality show with Terry Bradshaw? I think it's was/is called "The Bradshaw Bunch" - It was the worst thing I ever wasted my time watching.

Worse than the T. Ocho show?

• Options

@perkdog said:

[Worse than the T. Ocho show? ]

I have to admit - I was NOT one of the 112,000 people that tuned in to watch it......... :#

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

He didn't look hurt at all from the videos I saw. He was dancing and jumping all through the end zone. With as severe an ankle injury as AB described, which included bone chips in his ankle, not likely he could have jumped around like he did, more like he would have needed an injury cart ride.

He's done, nobody will pick him up after dissing the coach and leaving his teammates. Bush league!!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't watched the entire thing. Brown does say that Brady should have helped him get a better contract, Roethlisberger gave him more targets, and that Brady gets too much praise. https://youtu.be/a0G2hSmr8o0

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭

Say goodnight Mr Brown, sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
  • Options

I just wonder............when should anybody start believing what AB says? My Grandfather always told me "Actions speak louder than words"

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has had this ankle injury for weeks. I believe he came back the game before the one where he ripped off his shirt and left the field.

Speaking of that, he certainly seemed to very spry for a man who had a bad ankle injury when he ripped off his shirt and ran into the end zone before he left the field. After Tom Brady worked so hard to get this guy back into the league, I’d classify Mr. Brown as a total head case and ingratiate. No other team will fool with him now. His mental illness has cost him millions, and the time has come for professional football to turn the page on him.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?