Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is it me or is PCGS grading really slow

2»

Answers

• Today is March 13, 2022. PCGS officially accepted receipt of my order on October 13, 2021. It has been stuck in the Encapsulation mode for months. PCGS likes to tell me that in business days it has not been too long a time. All I know is as of today they have been sitting on my coins for 5 months. Five Months...

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got an order going the same way' Sitting on 'Grading' forever it seems.

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭

Yes they are slow right now, My orders received Dec 27 are in encapsulation for modern value (18 coins) submission, and in Quality for my regular order (5 coins). The grades popped on my regular order Friday. Both moved into this state last week. October seems like a long time, I would be calling them if you haven't.

• LuxorLuxor Posts: 456 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think the wait time at PCGS is frustrating try winning a lot in a Heritage auction and waiting for nearly 3 weeks now and they still haven't shipped my coin while sitting on my funds the entire time. And on top of this they hit me for nearly $25.00 shipping for one coin which I feel is outrageous.

Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2022 1:56PM

After 70 business days, I figured I would call and check..... There are 19 callers ahead of you...18..13..5..4..3..2..2..2..2..click! After 49 minutes waiting a "click". I call back "Thank you for calling, PCGS customer service is currently in a meeting, we will return to the phones shortly, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused ...click". 30 minutes later, still in a meeting.

patience.... i trying

(l8-)>>

edited March 15, 2022 3:31PM

After a 45 minute meeting, There are 12 callers ahead of you, longest wait time is 82 minutes..... How do they calculate the "longest wait time", there were no calls in the queue 5 minutes ago?

(l8-)>>

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last orders sent in before my membership expired were received and into grading stage on January 28th. Again, no renewal for me till turn around times improve.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2022 2:45PM

I have 5 regular that they received on December 12. They are in the mail now +++++ I just hope the cropped TruViews show soon :(

Sadly, I feel the best choice now is just submit some every month.

edited March 15, 2022 3:32PM

Now after 15 minutes of waiting, PCGS customer service is in a meeting...AGAIN. What is really going on?

(l8-)>>

edited March 15, 2022 3:05PM

Seems there is/was a problem with the phones, and my submission went from 5 days in qa, back to encapsulation ☹

(l8-)>>

• edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

My submission from the Member Voucher received January 10, been in grading ever since. Cancelled my membership renewal until this submission is received. Two** rumors** heard at the ANA National Money Show:
    -Top graders have been fired
    -New grading/encapsulation company is being discussed

End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All Of Us

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:

@Peyroguy said:

@3stars said:
    92 calendar days in grading and counting...

It's just wrong, when you wait over 3 months and counting you better see a 70

If I see any 70's on the coins I submitted, I'll be a billionaire... (Buffs, large cents, Barbers)

AKA, real coins that actually circulated.

thefinn
  • thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:
    I have 5 regular that they received on December 12. They are in the mail now +++++ I just hope the cropped TruViews show soon :(

Sadly, I feel the best choice now is just submit some every month.

Or use the other service.

thefinn
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think that is slow try buying a new car or a house right now. The pandemic has ruined so many things!

• LuxorLuxor Posts: 456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edwardjulio said:
    My submission from the Member Voucher received January 10, been in grading ever since. Cancelled my membership renewal until this submission is received. Two** rumors** heard at the ANA National Money Show:

Wow......seriously? If true, that really inspires confidence in buying a $250 membership and sending them coins.

Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edwardjulio said:

>

What is THAT supposed to mean???

• jackpine20jackpine20 Posts: 141 ✭✭✭✭

@jt88 said:
    Does anyone knows Why the photo takes so long to show up on the PCGS site? Once they took the photo it should be a matter of pushing them out. When they take the photo it should be on the computer right away. I don’t understand why it takes so long to show up.

For me, it has been 13 business days past my return ship date, and still no true view. Customer service told me TV imaging is taking up to 30 days. I think the photographers take multiple images. As a result, there must be some human decision-making needed to generate the best image. I'll be patient from now on.

Matt Snebold

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm unbelievably happy that I got to have the PCGS table at the National Money Show last Saturday do my 5 orders for me!

Only 3 days later (yesterday) my express crossover order showed up as received and grade in progress.
    I was told at the PCGS table that my express order should only take about 3 weeks, it's only one coin.
    It'll be fun to see how quickly it gets completed.

The other 4 orders of multiple coins haven't showed up in my account yet.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

@Luxor said:

@edwardjulio said:

Wow......seriously? If true, that really inspires confidence in buying a $250 membership and sending them coins.

I was at the show all day both days and spoke to nearly everybody, I didn't even hear a whisper of these things...where did you get your rumors from?

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Busy time of year?

• VeepVeep Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭

My Regular submission was received Dec. 10 and grades posted today

"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2022 6:25PM

I submitted coins in two groups at Winter FUN via a platinum membership.
    One of them posted the grades today, which was nice - I was expecting several more weeks
    based others' experiences recently.
    Update - just got another email from PCGS, that the order shipped!

Successful BST transactions with 171 members. Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

Submitted 6 orders last Saturday at the National Coin Show...
    My express order showed up in my account on Tuesday.
    All 5 of the other orders showed up this morning.
    I had a question about a couple of orders...called and was number zero on hold :-) and got through immediately.
    I'm honestly loving every single person from PCGS I've dealt with.
    This was no exception, she was wonderful and helpful and confirmed it was a fantastic fluke on my part to get through immediately lol.
    With consistent world-class customer service like what I've been experiencing...I'm happy to wait a bit for my coins :smiley:
    Kudos PCGS.

Coins are Neato!

• HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I learned that if you can't say anything nice then "DONT SAY ANYTHING". I just want my coins. going on 60 days.

• Maybe they should give the times higher in general. Then everyone would be excited about the fast service.
    PE Economy submission:
    Received in Paris on 23.11.2021
    Received back on 25.02.2022
    I don't like waiting either. This is the typical turnaround time for this type of order. I think that's ok though.

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 4-coin Crossover Express Submission, received by PCGS on 3/7 and entered on March 8, just had the grades posted. That's a 10-day turnaround.

See, they're not as slow as some believe. Thanks, PCGS!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

@edgar said:
    Seems there is/was a problem with the phones, and my submission went from 5 days in qa, back to encapsulation ☹

My Regular submission received December 1st, went to QA March 10th, one damaged holder back to encapsulation March 11th, It would really be a help if they kept the submission status bar current, or better yet post the grades when they know them! 😠

(l8-)>>

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey my stuff is moving.

1/6 regular.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file