Home Metal Detecting

A couple of nice 1860's fort site finds.

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few years back I had access to an 1860's fort site in Wyoming. I found well over a 100 eagle buttons and numerous other relics. Here are a couple of nicer pieces I dug.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting - is that a small horn or a big medallion?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Interesting - is that a small horn or a big medallion

The horn is an infantry hat badge and the eagle plate is a breast plate. It was attached to the cartridge box sling . For size the plate is about 2.5 inches in diameter.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...Nice finds.... And that is a LOT of buttons..... But no coins? Well, soldiers of that era were not highly paid... but still, should be a coin or two there. Cheers, RickO

@ricko said:
    Wow...Nice finds.... And that is a LOT of buttons..... But no coins? Well, soldiers of that era were not highly paid... but still, should be a coin or two there. Cheers, RickO

I did find two coins. An 1860 IHC and a seated dime. I think it was an 1853.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice scores for sure

Here are the two coins I found at that site as well as some of the buttons and other relics. I was mistaken, the IHC is an 1862.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@relicsncoins ... Nice coins... and I like your display. Cheers, RickO

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love these CW finds. They really look great. Keep on digging.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members