Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fake 1916 D and ebay seller dujo0286.2iq3zno8n has sold quite a few of these counterfeits.

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2021 5:00PM

Don't forget to check the negative feedback.

https://feedback.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/dujo0286.2iq3zno8n

It would be nice if ebay would do more to protect buyers and our hobby. :/

I don't know if this buyer knows for sure but......
    "Seller has sold 50+ fake coins since July"

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2021 4:59PM

It's amazing how people will let greed cloud their judgement. Eight people have bid on this thing!

• Options
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw counterfeit 2021 Peace and Morgan dollars on a Chinese website (obvious counterfeits) sold for $15. each and questioned, "where are these going?"
    Now I know- directly to sellers such as the above.

peacockcoins

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a local coin club member who was a jeweler and would actually sell these in his shop; the worst that would happen would be a buyer coming back for his money back. That is very serious fraud that deserves a complaint with the state.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a counterfeit 2021 Morgan on the bay well before the first one even shipped

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not gonna end anytime soon.......or ever!

The most we can all say is that we did the best we could trying to slow the tide.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    MarkW63MarkW63 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭✭

Reported!

"I Prefer Dangerous Freedom Over Peaceful Slavery"
    Thomas Jefferson!

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an observation - after looking at 16-D Mercs - most are AG/G or AU/UNC. So if you have an ungraded one in the middle grades its time to look at it more closely.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@MarkW63 & @golden

Thanks for taking the time to report! :)

Other reports are needed and it looks like they have a few bad half dollars for sale. ;)

• Options
    MarkW63MarkW63 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2021 8:08PM

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @MarkW63 & @golden

Thanks for taking the time to report! :)

Other reports are needed and it looks like they have a few bad half dollars for sale. ;)

I was just "ghosting" around ;)

"I Prefer Dangerous Freedom Over Peaceful Slavery"
    Thomas Jefferson!

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice find. you've been doing well with the links/images/presentation so i'll offer up a modest contribution and I'M NOT POSTING AGAIN UNTIL NEXT YEAR!

185100880917 (switcharoo?)

185046558170 (switcharoo?)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC Are you sure I can't tempt you to post just 1 more time? :p

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported as well.

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @LanceNewmanOCC Are you sure I can't tempt you to post just 1 more time? :p

For those of us here on the left coast, still tons of time before next year... 😉

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about this one relisted with same photo and sold 3 times.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Just an observation - after looking at 16-D Mercs - most are AG/G or AU/UNC. So if you have an ungraded one in the middle grades its time to look at it more closely.

Any 1916-D dime should be examined carefully, because the date is heavily counterfeited (or has added mint-marks).

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep it simple folks, question any raw key date. The 16D winged liberty dime is probably in the top 3 most counterfeited U.S. coin. Happy New Year all!

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

To their credit, eBay removed multiple items - including sold ones - that I (and I’m sure others) reported.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    edited January 1, 2022 7:52AM

Yes, eBay removed pretty much all...

One of those buyers that make you say ???

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad that eBay removed all of these listings.
    I was going to report them in support of this post.
    Is this seller still active?
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Thanks to all that reported! :)

Happy New Year! :)

• Options

@MFeld said:
    To their credit, eBay removed multiple items - including sold ones - that I (and I’m sure others) reported.

I am of the opinion that it's best not to report sold listings. It only helps ebay to hide an ongoing problem with a seller.
    Once the listings are removed we can't see how big the problem is with a seller.
    Ebay doesn't make any attempt to correct the problem for a buyer after a sale and after the listing is removed a buyer is unable to go back and get photos or reference from the listing, it can make it harder for a buyer to get their money back.
    Ebay will still process the payment on a removed listing and makes no attempt to cancel it or automatically refund the buyer.
    No good can come from reporting the sold listings, like I said it just helps ebay hide the problem.
    Even if a buyer notices a problem with an item that is removed ebay doesn't make it easy to get the money back.
    I am speaking first hand from a recent purchase of a counterfeit coin that was removed.

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@MFeld said:

I am of the opinion that it's best not to report sold listings. It only helps ebay to hide an ongoing problem with a seller.
    Once the listings are removed we can't see how big the problem is with a seller.
    Ebay doesn't make any attempt to correct the problem for a buyer after a sale and after the listing is removed a buyer is unable to go back and get photos or reference from the listing, it can make it harder for a buyer to get their money back.
    Ebay will still process the payment on a removed listing and makes no attempt to cancel it or automatically refund the buyer.
    No good can come from reporting the sold listings, like I said it just helps ebay hide the problem.
    Even if a buyer notices a problem with an item that is removed ebay doesn't make it easy to get the money back.
    I am speaking first hand from a recent purchase of a counterfeit coin that was removed.

Thank you for that! Over the years, I’ve reported countless completed listings, thinking that eBay refunded the buyers, if the listings were removed.

• Options

It doesn't happen and it makes it harder to get a refund. ;)

• Options

@MFeld Thanks for all your help getting listings removed and you have helped me & others with it many times. :)

As demonstrated by the above seller ebay can remove dozens of listings by a seller and they just let them keep listing them.
    Unless someone has an "in" with them it takes many reports from many ebayers to get an item removed.
    The ANA has offered (free of charge) experts to help review & remove listings and they decline.
    Ebay does very little to protect our hobby and the buyer.

• Options

I have actually reported a sold listing in time for the buyer to have the transaction stopped without any $ transferring. I suppose it depends on timing. And the risk of reporting is there will be a deeper dive...

• Options

@burfle23 said:
    I have actually reported a sold listing in time for the buyer to have the transaction stopped without any $ transferring. I suppose it depends on timing. And the risk of reporting is there will be a deeper dive...

Each transaction may be different but with my last one ebay removed the item and I called them about it within an hour of the sale, they still processed the payment. :/

They said "don't worry about it and thanks for leaving negative feedback to warn other buyers."
    They removed the negative feedback and still have not refunded me.
    The purchase was on 12/14 for a counterfeit 1922 no D and I still don't have a refund as of today. :/

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, on and on it goes..............................

You just can't keep everyone from learning the hard way.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
  • Options
    charlesf20charlesf20 Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

There is something incredibly wrong with a solid mega buck organization like them allowing fakes to be sold to the unsuspecting for these vast amount of funds on the site and then in the meantime making a criminal and threatening to ban people like myself for trying to move something as basic as a vintage Aunt Jemima cast iron bank on there format.

• Options

@charlesf20 20 "threatening to ban people like myself for trying to move something as basic as a vintage Aunt Jemima cast iron bank on there format."

It's okay to screw someone out of hundreds of dollars but don't offend them. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file