Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1889 Morgan Dollar

I'm not selling but do I have a hot Morgan?
We don't have PCGS here in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
My coin will be graded once I find PCGS or other reputable grading company here in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Comments

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you mean a stolen morgan? Looks like a Morgan to me. Probably XF grade, probably worth $40?

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

For what it’s worth, I don’t think the coin merits the cost of grading. It’s been circulated, has questionable color and is worth approximately $35.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it had a CC (Carson City) mint mark below the wreath, between the D & O of "Dollar" on the reverse, then you would have had quite a nice dollar worth more than $2000. As is, it may be worth $30.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a common date circulated Morgan Dollar. It is worth whatever the market happens to be for common Morgans at the moment. The silver hoarders like them so it will bring more than melt. It is not worth slabbing.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

As noted above, likely not worth the cost of slabbing. However, it would make a good album coin if you do a series. Cheers, RickO

• Options

You make a perfect sense, grading is just for my curiousity satisfaction, I'll be handing down most of my coins to my next generation, thank you.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't have an album then Just put it in a Black ring air-tite capsule. Morgans look pretty nice in them.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

The good news is it may have a shot at a straight grade.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file