Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Values on Wheat Pennies

I got these after my grandpa passed away. Any particular ones of great value? I know the '43 Steels are valuable. All 3 pass the magnet test. What kind of value am i looking at for them?

Brian

Comments

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1943 steel cents, I'm sorry to tell you, are still very common in circulated condition, as here, and only worth a few cents each. Same for the rest of the coins shown. I would keep it as a remembrance of your grandpa and/or pass it down to another relative.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking set. Not too much value there though. The 1943 steel pennies are neat but not worth a whole lot either. 1940's and 1950's wheats were made in enormous quantities and worth about 3-5 cents apiece.

Take a close-up picture of the 1955 with Doubled Die Obv. written above it. If it's really the DDO then that coin there could have significant value.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither 1955 is the ddo

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Now that is a nice set boy if them all was a gem you probably be looking at a little bit of premium but I like it I would just keep it if it was send down the family keep it and do the same thing its what you're family would want you would not get enough money out of it to even mess something up like that.

• seduloussedulous Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

What if @BJY83 wanted to sell? would BST be the best venue? Ebay?

A Barber Quartet is made up of Nickels, Dimes, Quarters, and Halves.

• Nederveit2Nederveit2 Posts: 122 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately, the shipping costs more than the value. I would suggest a local coin shop if you want to sell.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much in less you have some DDO like in the 1969,70,72,58,60-D, need to look at them close to see if there are any and a couple more could be in there but that is a good start. Good luck looking and welcome aboard.

Hoard the keys.
  • JWPJWP Posts: 17,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alpha33 said:

@Maddie said:
    Now that is a nice set boy if them all was a gem you probably be looking at a little bit of premium but I like it I would just keep it if it was send down the family keep it and do the same thing its what you're family would want you would not get enough money out of it to even mess something up like that.

My GOD!!!!! Punctuation and/or proofreading.

This is BST not an english class. Be nice!

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maddie Welcome aboard, your in a great place with super members. Good luck and have a Happy New Year. B)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Thank you I'm trying to figure it all out. I think I figured it out thanks everyone.

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BJY83 said:
    I got these after my grandpa passed away. Any particular ones of great value? I know the '43 Steels are valuable. All 3 pass the magnet test. What kind of value am i looking at for them?

My local coin store (LCS) would not buy the coins that you have pictured. They are all very common dates. These coins can still be found in change from time to time, or found during coin roll hunting.