Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1921 Morgan Silver Dollar

Any additional information is most helpful friends! I'm a newbie.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

A very common circulated 1921-S Morgan Dollar. It is worth whatever the base price for circulated 1921 Morgans happens to be at the moment.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would combine your posts

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2021 12:22PM

Hi and Welcome to the forum.
    Very nice particular choice of American Coin.
    The Morgan Silver Dollar. Words of advice.
    Learn to determine what sort of condition your coins are. The one you posted, like mentioned, is pretty worn and quite common in the Morgan series. Although, your Morgan 1921s, is the most valued one for the 1921. About the mint marks. Later, I'll explain. Note, on the reverse of the coin (the "B" side. Where the Eagle is) where the eagle's chest is. The noticable gash. That hit causes the value to drop considerably. Such hits on the coin are not good. Another thing, remember the Mint mark on the coin. It can be placed in many different areas on a specific coin/s. Your coin, has its mint mark just below the eagle's tail feathers. On the reversed of the coin. In which, this case it's an "S" for San Francisco. The Morgan 1921 has three mint Mark's. The S for San Francisco, the D for Denver and the P for Philadelphia. However, in the Morgan series. There is NO literal P. Any Philadelphia mint coins are blank. Hope your not confused? Lol. Another suggestion, about the photo taking. It's up to each individual but I always crop my pictures to border the coin. Remove all surrounding area, except the coin, of course. Example:

This way the viewer gets to see more of the coin, even closer, as well. Than one last suggestion. Buy yourself a coin book. One that's quite popular and very inexpensive is called "The Redbook". This way you can learn much more about certain coins. Ask any questions and post often. Most importantly, have FUN! Glad you're here. I love the Morgan Dollars. Very desirable here on the forum.
    Joey :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

And a common date circulated Morgan dollar is worth perhaps $30 in today's market.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2021 12:14PM

Good explanation @joeykoins, but there is no P mintmark on Morgan dollars.. A newbie might get confused.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Project1909 ... Welcome aboard. You have a Morgan Silver dollar, minted in San Francisco. Usually worth around $28-$30.... The date has been 'hot' due to the centennial fever this year.... So, it could sell for a bit more. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file