Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Inventory Apps

Happy New Year everyone! I'm not a dealer, but have been dusting off a decent size 70s/80s collection and have really loved getting involved in the hobby again!

As I have been organizing what I have, I've done a little grading, buying and even sold off some doubles. Purely for my personal collection use, does anyone recommend a good app or website for keeping an electronic record of your collection? Specifically I'm collecting 70s/80s Hall of Fame cards and would love to upload a digital photo and have something track the value of my collection. I'm sure there are many systems out there for dealers but anyone recommend a good one for hobbyist?

Always looking for 1950's Graded Banks Cards

Comments

• Options

Personally I just created my own access database to track purchase, sales, links to images (stored on Flickr), create Ebay listings, etc. I couldn't find anything free that I liked so seemed like the best solution for my needs.

• Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of Trading Card Database at www.tcdb.com for that purpose. The values are crowdsourced and are pretty unreliable, so if that part's a high priority I'd just track on Excel.

No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cubsfan71 said:
    Happy New Year everyone! I'm not a dealer, but have been dusting off a decent size 70s/80s collection and have really loved getting involved in the hobby again!

As I have been organizing what I have, I've done a little grading, buying and even sold off some doubles. Purely for my personal collection use, does anyone recommend a good app or website for keeping an electronic record of your collection? Specifically I'm collecting 70s/80s Hall of Fame cards and would love to upload a digital photo and have something track the value of my collection. I'm sure there are many systems out there for dealers but anyone recommend a good one for hobbyist?

Raw or slabbed?

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I created a private Facebook group that only me and my wife are members. I upload pics of everything I have with a little note of what it is and value at the time of upload. Good way to keep track of things especially if you create albums.

• Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I created a master Excel workbook for all of my slabbed cards years ago and still track all of my bought and sold inventory in that file. I do have all of my PSA graded slabs loaded in the PSA Set Registry, but have not added purchase information or uploaded images of most of my inventory. I started adding everything in my VCP inventory, but VCP does not have a field for grading company or S/N so I stopped adding.

I recently created a free account at ALT (https://app.onlyalt.com/) and added a few hundred graded cards into my portfolio. They do a great job of tracking sales in many auctions, and provide a total portfolio value of all added cards. They allow uploading of images, and have an app that probably makes it easier to do so, but I have yet to use the app. They will make their money when you send cards to their vault, and place them up for sale in their auctions. What I find as a downside, is that they do not allow you to create different folders for each, year, set, sport, etc., and they only currently track BGS and PSA graded slabs.

My RAW cards (that have been inventoried) are loaded into Beckett Organize. This allows me to manage my raw inventory, determine cards I need for sets I am building, and also start trades with other collectors. They do provide a raw card value, but I believe they are based on the Beckett Price Guide, and not on any tracking of market sales.

I have looked at most of the software that is available, but have found that they cannot do much better than my Excel file, and do not track any pricing so I continue to use what I have, and look for online resources (like ALT) to track my collection.

Hope this helps,
    Michael (MrG)

Michael Gaytan
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

PSDA registry has an area that would work

go to registry
    inventory
    and then non psa inventory

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

@daltex both In the processes of getting all my Rookies graded and just creating binders of all others

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

@Cubsfan71 is this Mike?

• Options

@jayhawke hey, no this is Ryan

• Options

@MrG that sounded great, but I Just realized you actually have to actually send your cards to their vault.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cubsfan71 said:
    @daltex both In the processes of getting all my Rookies graded and just creating binders of all others

For graded cards, this https://vintagecardprices.com works very well, and they are very responsive when you point out that they've included an erroneous price, but some people here will say that it's not worth the cost. I've been very satisfied.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2021 8:57PM

@Cubsfan71 said:
    @MrG that sounded great, but I Just realized you actually have to actually send your cards to their vault.

I haven't sent a single card. I created an account and added a few hundred cards. To the right of "Send To Vault", there is a + you click, look up the year, mfg, player and add to your inventory. Sending to their vault is an option.

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options

@MrG , oh yeah, I actually got hooked on this site until pretty late last night! lol Very cool. Do you know anyone that has ever sent anything in to sell?

• Options

@cubsfan71 I have not, but might send a few of my higher value cards just to "test out" their process.

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options

@MrG message me if you do, if I decide to sell at some point, I'm not the best way to go about doing it.