Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL week 16 stories

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 27, 2021 4:25AM in Sports Talk

Got nothing else to do, I'll probably mess around on this thread today.

Comments

• Options

Dallas issued a beatdown to Washington last night, 56-14, and frustration and tempers were flaring on the Washington sideline and punches were thrown, check it out.

• Options
    edited December 27, 2021 5:04AM

Dak Prescott was asked after the game whether the Cowboys slump was over, and here was his response:

"You tell me? I never said we were in a slump. Those were your words,” Prescott said. “I think it’d be hard for you to say that now. Yeah, tonight was great. Great performance by the offense. Great performance by the team. We scored in all three phases, scoring by all the different ways that we did on offense. Yeah, a great team win, a great team effort.”

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Chargers losing to the Texans was just hilarious, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Buffalo back as contender’s until they lose in the playoffs again.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s going to be touch and go for the Pats to make the playoffs now, but it was a surprise fun run while it lasted.

Miami will probably spoil the Pats season. They often do. Miami is to the Pats what New Orleans is for the Bucs.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

The Cowboys will get back to reality when the playoffs start, and they won’t be playing the pansy teams that populate the NFC Eastern Division.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@perkdog said:
    The Chargers losing to the Texans was just hilarious, they should be ashamed of themselves.

The Chargers should be embarrassed for losing to the Texans like that, it's pathetic!

• Options

There are going to be some hungry seasons for the Pittsburg Steelers. They need to re-build.

The Bucs did well with their back-up players on offense yesterday. That’s a good sign. Of course it was against the Carolina Kittens, but at least these guys did well when they got the chance.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    It’s going to be touch and go for the Pats to make the playoffs now, but it was a surprise fun run while it lasted.

Miami will probably spoil the Pats season. They often do. Miami is to the Pats what New Orleans is for the Bucs.

It was fun but Jones was terrible yesterday, 14 for 32 with 2 picks? Yea that is not going to get it done.

I sincerely want them to cut Harry, he straight up sucks. Maybe next year Hoodie will focus on getting some real WR’s in to actually help Jones improve. Doubtful but maybe

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2021 5:59AM

@perkdog said:

@BillJones said:

It was fun but Jones was terrible yesterday, 14 for 32 with 2 picks? Yea that is not going to get it done.

I sincerely want them to cut Harry, he straight up sucks. Maybe next year Hoodie will focus on getting some real WR’s in to actually help Jones improve. Doubtful but maybe

The second ranked defense in the NFL and not a single pro bowl nod. Yeah Buffalo was pissed and took it out on Mac.
    Jackson over Allen? You’re kidding right?
    I guess he was pissed too.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

I know this is an unpopular view, but I think that Lamar Jackson is overrated. The guy reminds me of Cam Newton. He’s had a couple of good seasons, but I don’t see him as among the elite quarterbacks, like Brady and Rogers.

• Options

@BillJones said:
    I know this is an unpopular view, but I think that Lamar Jackson is overrated. The guy reminds me of Cam Newton. He’s had a couple of good seasons, but I don’t see him as among the elite quarterbacks, like Brady and Rogers.

Other than his playmaking ability when he runs the ball I think he is definitely overrated

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Chiefs fans know that the Chargers are good for a loss or two like that EVERY year, going as far back to when Norv Turner and Marty Schottenheimer were the Chargers head coaches and Tomlinson and Rivers were the stars. They just seem to always lose the close games at inopportune times, or lose to teams they have no business losing to. There was a reason Eli Manning made this face:

• Options
    edited December 27, 2021 6:39AM

@BillJones said:

Jackson 16 TD’s 15 INT 2880 yards 64% 767 rushing 2 TD
    Allen 34 TD’s 12 INT 65% 4000 yards 619 rushing 4 TD

Who’s the Pro Bowler?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2021 7:09AM

@2dueces said:

@BillJones said:

Who’s the Pro Bowler?

The Pro Bowl is a joke anyways

It’s a popularity contest. Any knowledgeable football guy knows Allen is way better than Jackson

• Options

Absolutely the Pro Bowl is a joke, the players are worried about getting injured so they give no effort, the players basically just show up and socialize and party. Here, just look at the field for this years Pro Bowl....

• Options

I remember a Pro Bowl about 5 years where a flag football game would have been more violent. I do understand where players don’t want jeopardize their career in a meaningless game.

• Options

There are apparently some hard feelings from John Harbaugh towards Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow because of yesterday's game between the Ravens and Bengals. Supposedly, John Harbaugh is upset because the Bengals kept dialing up passing plays when the game was already out of reach for the Ravens. Joe Burrow commented.after the game yesterday and he isn't sorry for it.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    There are apparently some hard feelings from John Harbaugh towards Zac Taylor and Joe Burrow because of yesterday's game between the Ravens and Bengals. Supposedly, John Harbaugh is upset because the Bengals kept dialing up passing plays when the game was already out of reach for the Ravens. Joe Burrow commented.after the game yesterday and he isn't sorry for it.

I’d make it a point to throw downfield as well, screw the Ravens and Harbaugh. If they want to lay down they deserve what they get

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Who’s the Pro Bowler?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

@BillJones said:

Who’s the Pro Bowler?

The Pro Bowl is a joke anyways

It’s a popularity contest. Any knowledgeable football guy knows Allen is way better than Jackson

I know. I would have been ok with Burrows
    I think the jersey sales for Jackson have slowed and they need a boost

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2021 7:14PM

Yes!!!! The Pro Bowl is a joke.....but....the 1977 Pro Bowl was the turning point and best thing that ever happened in my life..... the day after that game...early in the morning....was...my first date with The Lovely Mrs Hydrant. I was scared to ask her out after the game......but I did....PEACHES AND CREAM ever since! .......FOOTBALL GIRL!!!!! 🏈 🙋 ⚡☀⚡