Home Sports Talk
Options

The sports on Christmas Day thread

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Merry Christmas to everyone, this thread is for anyone who wishes to discuss the sports on TV today, you got NBA and NFL both on today. I will be posting periodically throughout the day, as it is a tradition to watch sports on Christmas Day and eat expired macaroni and cheese.

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sorry that the NFL games don’t start at 1:00PM.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭✭

Most people want to celebrate Christmas as a family and not watch football so the ratings would fall severely if there were early games on.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Most people want to celebrate Christmas as a family and not watch football so the ratings would fall severely if there were early games on.

Agreed. Not everything needs to revolve around sports

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

And I'm glad you chose Kraft and not some cheap store knockoff. My suggestion would be to add some ham (real ham chunks; not deli ham)

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yawn

New years eve and new years day is alot better.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2021 8:11AM

I’ve been looking forward to that Celtics/Bucks game and this is just what Boston is dealing with going into it, Milwaukee’s list is probably just as bad. Boston has five somewhat healthy players plus three more just signed off the street over the past few days.

Keith Smith
    @KeithSmithNBA
    · 18h
    Celtics who are OUT for H&S:
    B. Fernando
    E. Freedom
    S. Hauser
    J. Jackson
    C.J. Miles
    A. Nesmith
    J. Richardson
    G. Williams

Questionable for H&S:
    J. Hernangomez
    A. Horford
    J. Parker
    B. Thomas

Questionable for injuries:
    R. Langford
    M. Smart

• Options
    edited December 25, 2021 9:10AM

Also on Fox today is a documentary about John Madden called "All Madden" and it's going to chronicle his life and career in football, it looks to be pretty good.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    I am sorry that the NFL games don’t start at 1:00PM.

They do if you live in So Cal ; )

Merry Christmas Bill

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2021 12:32PM

My son is visiting from Michigan. We are heading to the Lakers- Brooklyn game today.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

The forum is a ghost town today, a ghost town I say. Damn Christmas.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just checking in to say hi, hope everyone is having a good day!!

Merry Christmas 🎁🎄

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    My son is visiting from Michigan. We are heading to the Lakers- Brooklyn game today.

m

Enjoy m!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

Checking in. hope everyone's Christmas has been merry so far!!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2021 2:21PM

Great line-up today...Packers/Browns and Cardinals/Colts! Just for keets, I'm hoping for a Browns upset! Actually, for me too....(I like the Browns I want them in the BIG ONE!) ...the problem will be the Cards/Colts game. I want the Colts to win, of course. But....I have a problem..... It's The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant. She has a nickname for EVERY! quarterback.....her nickname for Wentz is "CRY BABY." I will sit for 3 1/2 hours and have to listen to her say....."Look at him....he's A Cry Baby"......"Doesn't he look like a Cry Baby?."......."Cry Baby!"....."Look, he's A Cry Baby!"........well....she just popped through the door and told me the Packer/Browns game is about to start.......so here I go.......at least the left overs from last night will be good........The Lovely Mrs Hydrant makes the BEST deviled eggs!..........CRY BABY.....CRY BABY...😵

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's o.k......she warmed up this pineapple wrapped in bacon thing from last night....... they're GOOD!........LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

• Options

Delete Aaron Rodgers photos too much, phone slowing down!

• Options

Browns right down the field for a quick score and Ofcourse miss the extra point

• Options
    edited December 25, 2021 6:17PM

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Enjoy m!

Merry Christmas my friend

The wife came through. Great taste in tickets plus she is hot. The perfect storm.

m

• Options

Ol' Crazy Eyed Harden

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

Enjoy m!

Merry Christmas my friend

The wife came through. Great taste in tickets plus she is hot. The perfect storm.

m

Good stuff!! Merry Christmas to you to bud 🍻