Home U.S. Coin Forum

J.Wiener Medals book by Email Van Hoydonck, my Christmas present to myself.

KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know a few Wiener's medal collector would like to see a sample photo of this book..............
Received this morning from France, purchased December 15th.
I always thought this book would be as large as Michael Ross' book, but then again
I've never seen one or read something/somewhere the actual size of the book.
Maybe I paid too much for it but I am very happy with the purchased.

Thanks for looking and have a woderful Holidays to all.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice books and very nice medals. Cheers, RickO

• FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are happy you didn't pay too much.
    🙂
    Nice present.

• baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice gift for yourself, those are hard to come by, enjoy and learn.
    I have Klaus Reinecke's reference and the latest from Michael Ross also.

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • tokenprotokenpro Posts: 876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, that's not the easiest reference to find. Years back I initially kicked myself for buying the three volume British Historical Medals (BHM) by Brown for $600+ thinking I'd never get that much use out of the set. Now I refer to the work almost daily. My only regret? Someone later reissued the set at a fraction of the cost but that's another story.

Several years back I bought a group of world medals that were not candidates for slabbing but included some intriguing pieces that I had not handled before. One was Wiener's Synagogue at Cologne in less than pristine condition (rim bumps, field marks, hard green verdigris deep into the detailed interior view, etc., vf+ detail). I ran it on eBay and was swamped with bids with the medal eventually going Down Under at a price quite a bit higher than that of several pristine gem Wiener Cathedral medals I had previously sold. Beauty is in the eye...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file