Home Sports Talk
Options

NO vs Bucs - 4th quarter and 8:14 to go

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Brady shut out this game?

I’m leaning yes

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2021 9:00PM

Yep, you are right. Age has caught up with him. It’s been more apparent in recent weeks. The Bucks will win their division because reality will catch with New Orleans for the rest of the season, but it’s one and out for the Bucks in the play-offs.

The Bucks offense did nothing in this stinking game other than getting their key players injured. They didn’t come to play, and it was glaringly obvious.

The Bucks key players are out with a knee and two hamstrings. This season is over.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Fine that man a surface tablet!!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2021 9:15PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    Fine that man a surface tablet!!

What does that mean? Knees and hamstring injuries are often season ending events.

It was a fun run last year. It won’t happen this year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2021 9:21PM

I thought Arians might cut Antonio Brown this week. He can't now. AB may become necessary

If Arians was a super hero he would be The Chameleon

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Obviously for what he did there is no fine…

I was talking about Brady on the bench throwing a surface tablet down hard

Those things are thin. It’s probably toast.

He can get pretty angry on the sidelines

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

9-0 New Orleans and so boring I skipped most of the 4th quarter.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I thought Arians might cut Antonio Brown this week. He can't now. AB may become necessary

If Arians was a super hero he would be The Chameleon

m

This sounds like the Nets organization. They stood up to Kyrie Irving when he declared that he wasn’t getting vaccinated and he’s been away from the team all season but now that most of their roster ended up in the Covid protocol they’ve given in to Kyrie and will allow him to play in away games where he doesn’t need to be vax’d. Ironically just hours after hearing about that decision Kyrie himself ends up in Covid protocol.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady crapped his pants when he played the Giants as a Patriot and now that he is a Buc he vomits all over himself when facing the Saints.

Those two teams are his kryptonite.

Being consistent I gotta say the Bucs are Frauds now as well.

Buffalo
    Rams
    AZ
    TOMPA

FRAUDS

• Options

Looks like it’s going to be Kansas City and Green Bay this year. In pro football, it all depends upon when you peak. The Bucks peaked at the right time last year. The Bucks and Cardinals are now having their slumps at the wrong time.

It’s not really a matter of being “frauds.” It’s just the ebb and flow of the season. Kansas City sucked in the Super Bowl and at the beginning of the season. Now they are on a roll.

• Options
    edited December 20, 2021 5:09AM

Even if Brown comes back strong, it won’t be enough if Fornet and company are gone for the season. Jones is a good running back, but the receiving corp will come up short.

They should still be able to beat Carolina at least once, and if they lose to the Jets, Brady will have a seizure and be out for the rest of the season.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several teams that can win it all if they get healthy and peak at the right time. I say the Browns defeat the Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow Tom...NOT COOL
    You will be remembered for this explosion for a long, long time.
    Poor Sportsmanship at its highest level.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bucs played terrible last night. I think they said it was bradys first shutout since 2006? unless they right the ship they are going nowhere this season. it is possible AB comes in and shines. he was WR #1 before the injury.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

I can't envision Antonio Brown saving things, his main forte is the sideline go-route where PI is a strong possibility. take that away and he's quite vanilla. the guys that drive the scoring are clearly Godwin and Evans with Gronk being the possession guy. Brown will help, but not much.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Wow Tom...NOT COOL
    You will be remembered for this explosion for a long, long time.
    Poor Sportsmanship at its highest level.

Breaking the tablets is a time honored tradition. I won't let it ruin my image of Brady.

And all of you counting out Brady are making a mistake in my opinion.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2021 8:47AM

@thisistheshow said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

And all of you counting out Brady are making a mistake in my opinion.

I agree. For whatever reason, NO is a terrible matchup for them and has their number big time. But that was true last year also. As long as most of the important weapons are still available look for Tommy to right the ship.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

Breaking the tablets is a time honored tradition. I won't let it ruin my image of Brady.

I didn't know that. Tried to Google info on tablet breaking but couldn't find anything. Can you cite other examples?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2021 10:46AM

I guess I saw the game differently than everybody else. All the talk here and other places is that Tommy is over the hill. Age has caught up with him.....I just saw his receivers dropping pass after pass after pass......either way Tommy was not happy last night.

• Options

to my eyes, he has shown this "look" after the middle of the season for a few years now, but "over-the-hill" is a major, major stretch. Brady has taken extremely good care of his body his entire career, but he just doesn't have the energy level of a 20 something player, that's understandable. just like Lebron James, when you add up all the playoff games that Brady has played in you get 2-3 seasons of play added on. that catches up to players.

I don't think that's the challenge ahead for him, though, the challenge will be added playing time with receivers that aren't in synch with him. his saving grace will be Rob Gronkowski and Leonard Fournette.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:

@thisistheshow said:

I didn't know that. Tried to Google info on tablet breaking but couldn't find anything. Can you cite other examples?

I truthfully said it in jest, and what I really meant was it is nothing new. Now, the tablets are new. They replaced the pictures, remember those? Because the players are not allowed to look at video of the game, other than the jumbotron, they always looked at pictures. And I remember them often looking at them in disgust. So now Tom might look at the tablet in disgust. I remember the first time, that I remember, that I saw Belichick throw it. It's similar to how we used to see players throw the phone down. Do they still have the phones there? Either way, ...

• Options

thisistheshow...

Brady is an elite player, and should act like one. Because he lost key players and he keeps seeing a big zero on the board, is no excuse to trash a tablet or get pissed at a coach. He also didn't like Romo's comment that he's "slowing down", to the point he post a video comment. Nobody likes to lose, but he's kinda in the lime light and should have just sucked up the misery and called it a day. Brady is nowhere near "over the hill" or is near retirement, Romo should know better. Hopefully he has placed a mea culpa to Brady to smooth things over.

I pretty much figured your comment was mostly tongue in cheek. The tablets were a boon for microsoft tablets after they cut a $400m deal with the NFL in 2014, which was renewed in 2019...details unknown to me. Bilicheck, BTW is disguested with tablets and has stop using them and is reverting back to pics.

It's only football, doesn't impact my life one iota one way or another. I just enjoy seeing athletes do what I never could dream of doing. How the get up after some of those hits is a mystery to me.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭

Cheer up guys maybe we will have some baseball played in a few months or maybe not unless they quit quibbling over money.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

every time i see posts and threads that confer knighthood on a quarterback, i start to feel nauseated. and especially the ones about Brady. not because i don't think he's great, because i do. i'd vote for him as the best of all time at his position. but it's the glaring disparity of apportioned praise that i can't simply can't handle. if i have said it once i've said it a million times -- stick a Brady or a Rodgers or a Mahomes on a moribund team and they'd quickly slide into obscurity.

well, last night everyone got a taste of what that would be like. Tom wasn't quarterbacking the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last night, he was quarterbacking the Tampa Bay Jets. with arguably his top three top skill-position cogs out of the game, Brady looked like the 25th or so ranked QB in the league and was banging on retirement's door. in the year 2021, it's very, very hard not to score for 60 minutes in the NFL with the way the rules are structured. but a GOAT-led offense managed to pull off that feat at home against a sub-.500 team.

i don't mind all of the obsequious flattery just so long as people acknowledge that at this stage of Brady's career it's his supporting cast that's going to make him, not the other way around