Home Precious Metals
Options

Are magazine ad deals for SAE's still a thing?

Feel like it's been ages since I've seen any, are there still those magazine type promos out for SAE's or other 1 oz coins on offer, any more?

Comments

• Options

I went to the Barnes and Noble at my local mall just the other day to peruse the magazine rack. Slim pickings! Think print media in general is dying. Don't recall seeing any silver eagle deals in particular but noticed the same old kind of dealer ads I used to see in the coin mags (all two of them.) Everything just seemed skinnier. The computer magazine section was just as bad. Back in the day Computer Shopper was tabloid sized and thick as a phone book.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still see them in the NRA publications

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

On rare occasion Littleton still does coupons in the local fliers.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see them in the NRA publications (as @1630Boston noted) and other gun magazines.....I do not get other magazines, so not sure where else they may advertise. Cheers, RickO

• Options

PS
    I wouldn't really call them 'deals' :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

The last one or two times I've tried to take advantage of a 1/10 gold deal, they wouldn't process the order as I had dealt with the companies before - the deals were for first-time customers only.

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen one lately for 1 oz silver? Anyone care to share?

These used to get shared around here quite regularly...

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

AARP publications have had them once in awhile... not too long ago there was a decent deal on a 1/10 gold eagle if I recall correctly.

----- kj
  • Options

@scotty1419 said:

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

@scotty1419 said:

Thanks for sharing! Seems like they're getting more and more into the graded items...