Home Precious Metals
Options

MintID Bullion

These guys put NFC chips in their products like PCGS. Was going to post a 2022 Britannia thread in World/Ancient Forum but I think what really makes these gold coins neat is the MintID package. It's the same size as a standard assay card so I can store it with my bars. I'm not into grading modern bullion coins and PCGS slabs take up too much room.

Britannia does have nice legs tho... just sayin'. <3

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Britannia gold coins are nice.... I sold two sets back when gold was around $2K, some years back. I really liked those sets, but the five fold sale price was tough to resist. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Yeah, same place I bought this one has a 2022 Australian Kangaroo in MintID package on eBay right now. Just doesn't seem to do anything for me.. if I want to see Kangaroos I'll go to a zoo. If silver dips below $20/oz I'm going to buy a bunch of their 10 oz bars though. They look stackable and they have NFC chips in them too (actually in them, not the package.) B)

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stacking is good. Closer to the bone, the sweeter the meat. I don't like premiums attached because of the plastic or packaging. Today is a good buy day for silver. Next week may be better. I like gold any time. Follow the yellow brick road.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stacking is good. Closer to the bone, the sweeter the meat. I don't like premiums attached because of the plastic or packaging. Today is a good buy day for silver. Next week may be better. I like gold any time. Follow the yellow brick road.<---------------------makes sense to me. :) MintID? What's their history? Not sure why anything paying for anything other than a verification of authencity makes any sense.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

They're new so I don't know how good their guarantee is, but for me it improves the liquidity. The buyer doesn't have to know anything about coins to be assured it's really an ounce of gold. Premium is only about $50 more than a gold bar.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

The buyer doesn't have to know anything about coins to be assured it's really an ounce of gold.

They're new so I don't know how good their guarantee is

Under those circumstances, I'd be a little bit more careful until I knew more about their business and reliability, especially when we're talking about dollar amounts in the range of gold coins (or bars).

China has been distributing bogus coins & bars in blister packs/assay cards and even fake PCGS holders for years. I would like to see more info on this company before I would ever considering doing business with them.

I'm not saying this company isn't a good company, but I am saying that not enough is known about them.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Coinweek did an article about them, and I'm familiar with these coins, so I'm not worried it's a scam. Someone who isn't a coin collector though would be quite right to question the kangaroo money. It looks cartoonish to me and I'd rather buy a Argor Heraues hologram kinebar for $50 less (which I actually did). :smiley:

• Options
    crito_is_baaackcrito_is_baaack Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2021 11:52AM

Just noticed PCGS' logo on an APMEX package BTW:

currently selling for $1937

Compared to Bullion Exchanges and MintID:

currently selling for $1922

The APMEX package loots like it might actually be smaller but it's still a non-standard size and no NFC chip. Ease of storage is another big plus for MintID. They should really advertise the fact their package is exactly the same size as a bar assay card.