Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 D Dime Blank Reverse

I have a 2013 D mint mark dime with blank reverse. Just wondering if anyone would no anything about it?

Answers

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need pictures

Full front and full back, we’ll lit

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I wasn't able to figure out how to up load pics. Could I possibly send them to your email or another way?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnJ42... Welcome aboard. You can copy/paste them in your post... or even drag/drop....a third way is to use the picture icon at the top of the post you are composing. Look forward to your pictures (or DM them to me)... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Can't seem to even figure out the cut and paste on here. I or even how to dm someone.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

upper right in posting is picture of mountain, hit it ... can link or upload picture to post

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Click here and select your photo. ;)

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some possibilities - A blank reverse would indicate that half of the die set was missing when the dime was struck (very unlikely). It could be a de-laminated clad layer, and in that case the coin would be very lightweight. Lastly, a blank reverse might be because the coin was defaced and tooled, post mint damaged.

Pics are needed.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    Some possibilities - A blank reverse would indicate that half of the die set was missing when the dime was struck (very unlikely). It could be a de-laminated clad layer, and in that case the coin would be very lightweight. Lastly, a blank reverse might be because the coin was defaced and tooled, post mint damaged.

Pics are needed.

C.

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@jmski52 said:

Pics are needed.

C.

You mean option C? I concur. Vastly likely that somebody ground down the reverse.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file