Home Precious Metals
Options

Scottsdale silver 1 kilo bar hand poured $818 good price?

Hello I just went on the Scottsdale website and they have a neat 1 kilo bar hand poured, with stamps of wall street made out of silver bars, the Scottsdale logo, diamond hands symbol, and a reflective finish. With free shipping and the coupon they currently have it was $818 all together, is that a good price in your opinion?

Comments

• Options

I guess, if you don't mind waiting forever for your order... and if the price doesn't go up and they cancel it like thy did to me. I would of bought those bars somewhere else that day so they cost me money the way I see it. Personally, I'd only buy from them through eBay, so they have to deliver in a timely manner, or eBay will boot them.

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Really I had no idea!

• Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭

I ordered last year at the height of the pandemic and it took months till they shipped it. I had to file a complaint with the Attorney Generals office. Of course they blame Covid or now the holidays. Truth is their probably significantly short staffed. So if you dont mind waiting and complaining to get it then go for it.

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2021 2:28PM

eBay only for Scottsdale as they are ridiculously slow with inability to give firm date of shipping, as others have experienced.
    P.S. And I was pre pandemic.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2021 7:50PM

Hmmm, good to know about Scottsdale.
    I'll file that in the back of my mind.

What's that in dollars?
    $25.50 an ounce...that's not a bad price.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have purchased a couple of items from Scottsdale in the past... never had a problem - but that was pre-pandemic. I will be in Scottsdale, AZ in January for a couple of weeks, may visit them. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay only for Scottsdale as they are ridiculously slow with inability to give firm date of shipping, as others have experienced.
    P.S. And I was pre pandemic.

Scottsdale has had a good reputation, but buyer beware - slow order fulfillment was a key red flag warning indicator for both Northwest Territory Mint and Tulving before they left customers holding the bag - especially when the market has been lackluster (or declining) for a period of time.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2021 11:28AM

I buy from Scottsdale on a regular basis on eBay. I’ve never had a problem. Yes and I did buy one of those beautiful kilos and they are pretty damn nice.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

Beautiful

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

I buy from Scottsdale on a regular basis on eBay. I’ve never had a problem.

Based on the reports from various members over the years, they have good service and a good business model. Nice bar!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a commercial I see for a PM dealer that always has me cringing when I watch it. I got such a runaround from them a couple of years ago on a very simple purchase of two gold coins that it totally soured my on doing business with them. I realize that in every business "stuff" can happen but from the delay in clearing a check to the delay in shipping to the item in stock not being in stock to ultimately shipping the wrong item I was done with them in spite of any good reviews I've about them.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2021 12:50PM

Those bars are gorgeous. Great score 👍

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

Ty it shipped yay

• Options

Hello beautiful bar

• Options

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice bar! I got one of their kit-kat 20oz bars a few years back through ebay and it was shipped fast and was a pleasant transaction.

• Options
    1776Mint1776Mint Posts: 14 ✭✭

Kilo Bar! Nice!