PLEASE READ - Buy, Sell, & Trade
We've received a lot of input on this and want to thank everyone for taking the time to help out fellow forum members with all the tips and advice.
The first thing we would like to point out is that this is a forum for collectors, and the biggest reason we exist is for collectors to come together and share information by asking and answering questions of folks with similar interests and hobbies. We did not set out to be a marketplace, eBay, or Etsy. We do, however, offer a Buy, Sell, and Trade thread for folks to connect and Buy, Sell, and Trade as they see fit.
Please understand what the Buy, Sell, and Trade part of the forum comes down to is COMMUNICATION. All we can do is advise how folks communicate in these situations. It is totally up to the two people discussing any particular transaction how that will end up. Collectors Universe assumes no liability in the event of either party failing to fulfill their commitment to the other party. Participants should realize there is always some risk when conducting financial transactions with an unknown party, and it is each party's responsibility to determine their own level of risk taking.
Here are some best practices:
- Use a payment method that has buyer and seller protection.
- Never pay by PayPal Friends & Family. It is worth paying the seller the extra 3% for protection and peace of mind.
- Don't publicly share any personal information such as address, phone number, or email.
- Don't interact or deal with any user that publicly shares any personal information such as address, phone number, or email.
- Don't interact or deal with any user that is going through a third party.
- Research the item you are interested in. If a user is offering a coin, look it up on other auction sites.
- Use common sense, if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
These are not rules, these are simply guidelines. You are ultimately responsible for the actions and decisions you make.
Be kind to each other, and happy collecting!