Home Precious Metals
Options

FYI - Barbara Bush First Spouse Gold going to go dark soon

tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone cares that is.... from what I can tell, the Barb Bush gold is about finished, so better get one very soon if you have interest. Only 8 proof left, and 135 unc left; don't think they will be minting anymore. Unfortunately, neither will be the lowest mintage key, so not sure who would want to get them... ...but with the US Mint, who ever knows for sure.

----- kj

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best likeness yet of anyone with photos

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Best likeness yet of anyone with photos

I wonder what photo of Melania Knauss they will use. Lol

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up tincup, but I don’t think there’s an easier recent Mint gold coin to get in the aftermarket near spot than the gold spouse. Acts a lot like a commemorative…There might be a few exceptions but otherwise they are easily attainable at a very small premium, unlike at the Mint.
    I am thankful I was initially content with the MS Gold buffalo’s and then later in the proof version, as I bought a few after the melee without the inflated pricing from the Mint, and in graded form!
    Sad to say, I often did not take that approach with platinum.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not acquire any of this series.... not even slightly interested. However, if available at melt, they would be good stack material. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

My strategy of accumulating the lower mintage gold spouses in multiples is a strategy that didn't work out as I'd speculated. At least I didn't buy them graded and now what I have is just a bunch of gold bullion. lol. ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah... I was thinking the liberty ones would have had some legs... but.... bullion it is!

----- kj