Home Precious Metals

Proof Coins Are Beautiful

inkdiverinkdiver Posts: 54 ✭✭
edited December 4, 2021 7:49AM in Precious Metals

The bulk of my silver stack is in constitutional/junk, bars, and government bullion coins (in that order). But every once in while, I get some proofs/commemorative/collectible/numismatic coins. The premiums are pretty hefty on these, so that's why they just are 2% of my stack. But buying a proof once in a while won't hurt :)

Looking at them with a loupe, you can really appreciate the superior dies, polishing, frosting/mirror finishing, and craftsmanship that took place. They are like mini works of art. In addition to this, it's always nice to have a nice case/box, with a certificate of authentication along with it.

Tagged:

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proof coins really do look amazing.

You do know that all of the Perth mint stuff in the photo are considered UNC. Perth mint proofs are in very high relief with typical mirrored background and frosted devices.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

More of a reverse proof which I really like! Especially in palladium eagle. That is my favorite. Other favorites are pre-2004 platinum eagles. The most beautiful of the bunch in “uncirculated.”
    Which is a very relative term in the world of fun world coins. Glad you get it!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2021 9:33PM

The Plat Lady Liberty, Kickin big ass with no Guantánamo.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • inkdiverinkdiver Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited December 4, 2021 4:04AM

@Kliao said:

You do know that all of the Perth mint stuff in the photo are considered UNC. Perth mint proofs are in very high relief with typical mirrored background and frosted devices.

My bad, I stand corrected. They are so well made and pretty, that I thought they were proofs :)

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@inkdiver said:

@Kliao said:

My bad, I stand corrected. They are so well made and pretty, that I thought they were proofs :)

Thats what I thought when I got my first Perth mint products. They are so well made.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proof coins have real beauty.... They are the elite of the coin world IMO.... Proof silver and - especially - proof gold coins are just amazing. Cheers, RickO

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big fan of Perth stuff, the kooks are always gorgeous.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice I like