Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Beautiful "Ring of Death" Coin! That's right, Beautiful, despite the Ring of Death.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
Yes, unfortunately we coin roll hunters come across many of these dreaded coins. However, this one particular, is STILL BEAUTIFUL! The amazing toning takes over on this Ring of Death coin.
You be the judge guys. I think even RickO, would approve? :D
Thank You.

<3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2, 2021 2:48AM

Explore and discover set natural toning 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Natural toning from being stored in a paper roll. I like it. B)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It just does not 'ring' my chimes..... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Natural toning from being stored in a paper roll. I like it. B)

Kinda funny. That’s a plastic holder I just moved it to. 2 weeks ago it looked like this. Sorry. It does look like a roll of TP with a penny stuck in it 😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spend it quick before it can cost you any money.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

The amazing toning takes over on this Ring of Death coin.

Theme song playing in the background of this thread sung to the lyrics of Johnny Cash's RING OF FIRE.

"My coin fell into a burning ring of fire, it had toned, toned, toned, that coins on fire, those tones of fire."

It may not be Ricko approved, but it certainly is joeykoins approved!

• Options
    edited December 2, 2021 8:34AM

I should define, "ring of death" for the ones that don't know what it means.
    Ring of death= Any coin with an appearance of a ring circulating one side of the coin. Digging into the metal of the coin. Usually more than one or two fine lines. This is caused by a coin wrapping machine that crimps the paper end of each roll. Always on the ends of the roll.
    This "ring" than can occur, not always though. The term, ring of death comes from coin roll hunters, as myself, meaning that this resulting in any coin "destroyed" or "damaged" enough to cause the coin to have any value or grading purposes. Death, to the coin caused by the machine.
    The "Ring of Death"
    ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    I should define, "ring of death" for the ones that don't know what it means.
    Ring of death= Any coin with an appearance of a ring circulating one side of the coin. Digging into the metal of the coin. Usually more than one or two fine lines. This is caused by a coin wrapping machine that crimps the paper end of each roll. Always on the ends of the roll.
    This "ring" than can occur, not always though. The term, ring of death comes from coin roll hunters, as myself, meaning that this resulting in any coin "destroyed" or "damaged" enough to cause the coin to have any value or grading purposes. Death, to the coin caused by the machine.
    The "Ring of Death"
    ;)

I've heard those rolls of coins called "shotgun rolls" because the crimping looks like the crimping found on a shotgun shell. And yes, the crimping device can leave a scrape mark on the end coin of the roll that runs parallel to and just inside the rim.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko approved..... NOT

@emeraldATV approved..... Maybe

• Options
    edited December 2, 2021 8:53AM

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    @ricko approved..... NOT

@emeraldATV approved..... Maybe

PCGS approved....Not
    :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file