Home Sports Talk
Options

Robert Griffin III writing tell all book about Washington Football Team

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

RG III is writing an explosive new tell all book about his time with the Washington Football Team, the book is called "Surviving Washington."

Robert Griffin III writing 'explosive' tell-all book about surviving Washington's toxic culture

Former NFL quarterback Robert Griffin III promises to shine a light on the toxic culture within the Washington Football Team, which he's calling "the most dysfunctional professional football team in America" in an "explosive" tell-all due out next year.

'Surviving Washington,' a memoir written with Gary Myers, won't be out until next year, in Aug. 2022, but RG3 is getting the word out now that he's accepting pre-orders for it.

"Now every experience that I've ever had has made me a better husband, a better father and a better player," Griffin says in a promotional video posted on Twitter. "But I want you to take this journey with me as I walk you through one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports."

"I'm gonna tell you the truth about what happened in that playoff game in 2012 against Seattle," he said. "I'm gonna detail the medical mismanagement that I received during my time in Washington. I'm gonna open your eyes to the sexual harassment that permeated the walls of that building, and give you a deep dive into a power struggle between one of the most powerful coaches in all of sports and an owner that many of you want gone. They say the truth will set you free. So here it is, unfiltered. Pre-order now."

As Ben Standing humorously points out, it was only two months ago that Griffin was telling ESPN's Adam Schefter he'd love to go back and play for Washington again, to "be able to have that come full circle."

RG3 in September on the Schefter pod about Washington after the Ryan Fitzpatrick injury: "(I) would love to go back and be able to have that come full circle."

RG3 today: That place was hell and I'll tell you the truth so pre-order my book.

Anyhow, publisher Simon & Schuster describes the book as a "one-of-a-kind, explosive tell-all from former franchise savior, Robert Griffin III," while promising to detail the "shocking mismanagement and toxic culture within the most dysfunctional professional football team in America."

If you can remember back to Jan. 2013, Griffin was insistent upon returning to that playoff game against Seattle, and did, before his knee ultimately gave out completely, something Griffin himself maintained after the fact.

Here's how Griffin's publisher sets the scene from that day: "It was clear to anyone watching that night Griffin was seriously injured. However, he was cleared to reenter the game. Late in the fourth quarter, his knee finally buckled. The entire stadium attendance fell silent as Griffin was helped off the field. In less than a year, he had gone from franchise savior to fallen star."

Anyhow, the "eye-opening and moving" memoir pledges to shine a light on that infamous playoff game, as well as the "toxic environment" Griffin witnessed with "medical mismanagement and sexual harassment in the most dysfunctional organization in sports today, overseen by Daniel Snyder."

"A football memoir unlike any other, this is a powerful story of survival and the importance of speaking up no matter the risks," Simon & Schuster writes.

Once more, the book won't be available until Aug. 2022.

Comments