Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question about the search function

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,565 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you do a search for "abcde" or whatever, is there any way to make the results appear in chronological order, either newest first or oldest first?

Just did a search for something from last week and the first result was from 2008. WHat followed was completely jumbled time-wise.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options

same question here

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always wondered that so I did a little playing around. At the bottom of my attached screenshot you can pick a time like I did (today) and do a search. It seemed to work. Use the drop down arrow on the right

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, picking a date is the only way to do it. But the search is so weirdly implemented that I do a google search and time restrict it. That helps me find what I’m looking for faster.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I try to us the forum search to find a relevant thread for a post I want to make. Most of the time I get a jumbled list of old posts or bst posts. I guarantee it takes time to manually search through the threads page after page. I also am not tech savvy 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    I have always wondered that so I did a little playing around. At the bottom of my attached screenshot you can pick a time like I did (today) and do a search. It seemed to work. Use the drop down arrow on the right

Great information. Thank you as I did not know to use the drop down arrow. Have utilized Google for this very reason. Tried and it worked great for me.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The software gurus at our host could make a change and all search items could be made to appear chronologically. And a choice on the search function could allow new to old or old to new. It could be done, not sure it if will. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    HoldTheMayoHoldTheMayo Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

There’s a drop down arrow on the search bar that lets you filter results by date. A more refined option is to search on google and include “forums.collectors.com” with whatever you search + a filter on your date preferences. An old trick of mine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file