Home Sports Talk
Options

When Is The Last Time You Bought A Wood Baseball Bat?

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 27, 2021 8:25PM in Sports Talk

Top that DD! You can't!!!!

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

To play baseball with?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

I kinda hated the "Thud" from a wood bat when you hit the guy in the head that broke into your house - I more like the "PING" from the aluminum bat.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

You can hit people with them?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2021 8:45PM

@MsMorrisine said:

No - not people - ANIMALS! NOT ducks, dogs, cats, - OK - yes "So called People"

• Options

Yeah

I could see someone getting into real trouble using it to hurt someone

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. My son bought 7 acres with a home situated out in the country a few years back. On the property he found a bat autographed by Stu Pederson to someone named Eric.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Yeah

I could see someone getting into real trouble using it to hurt someone

PaLease - who gets in trouble now a days? OH, that's right -

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    To play baseball with?

I know what you do with it!!!! Question was......WHEN did you last buy one!!!!!

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

You need to go to bed!....Get up fresh tomorrow morning and start over! Yeesh!!!

• Options
    edited November 27, 2021 9:02PM

Well.....it looks like I've stumped all you whippersnappers!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

never played with a wood bat. i did buy one for an autograph signing though

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited November 27, 2021 9:15PM

@Brick said:
    1959. My son bought 7 acres with a home situated out in the country a few years back. On the property he found a bat autographed by Stu Pederson to someone named Eric.

So let me get this straight Bricko..Your son bought 7 acres back in 1959......that was 62 years ago. Let's just assume he was 18 years old at the time........that would make him 80 years old now. And, to be generous, let's assume you were a father at .....ummm....15. So.....you are now 95! Wow! You win the prize for the oldest guy here I'm sure! 🏆

And.....did anybody ever think that Eric might just want his bat back? And...was it a WOOD BAT?

• Options

1959 is the answer

The rest is an additional story

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually a pretty good thread. A lot of subtle humor, whether intentional or not. And my name is Eric, but I am pretty sure that is not my bat.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used to buy all of the store model Cal Ripken bats. I've got about 20 or so. Haven't seen any for sale 15+ years.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean a wooden baseball bat as a weapon? Don't need it, I got a tree branch sword.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

This spring I bought 2 autographed ones from Dave and Adams for me and my brothers b-day. Got some scrub from the Rockies and then Harold Baines.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

1979?

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    1959 is the answer

The rest is an additional story

I knew that.....I just felt like letting my inner jerk out.

• Options
    edited November 28, 2021 9:50AM

@doubledragon said:
    You mean a wooden baseball bat as a weapon? Don't need it, I got a tree branch sword.

DD, does that ever hit home! I've got three Hydrant boys running around here and their latest fascination is creating weapons from sticks. Spears, arrows, bows, swords......They have the Lovely Mrs. Hydrant busy in her sewing room making them slings, colorful bindings for the spears, sword handles, etc. Little Jenny collects feathers for the arrows. She also is very good at finding arrowheads(?). I cut and glue the feathers to the arrows. Quite the Arsenal. Some of it is very imaginative.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was a young teenager, in the early 1960s.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?