Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just wanted to share some of my Grandfathers crusty uncirculated Peace Dollars

Not happy about the outcome of the FSU UF game tonight. FSU is my alma mater. Wife and daughter are at a birthday party so I am home and decided to go through some of granddad’s stuff again. Plucked out some nice uncirculated original slightly crusty Peace dollars from one of his Whitman albums. Post some nice raw or slabbed Peace Dollars. Get my mind off those Gators… hope your all’s Team does better tonight. Happy Saturday!

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then look nice. I’ll assume those are PVC-free flips they’re being stored in.

Future son-in-law is a gator, but I was busy watching OSU lose to Michigan 😕.
    On the bright side Miami and Toledo both won big and are firmly bowl-eligible.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

They don't look that crusty to me...

Young Numismatist

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sure grandpa would be please his collection is bring you some comfort and pleasure. Enjoy!

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hummingbird_coins said:

>

Well that’s fair. I guess “Crusty” is a bit relative, for my intents and purposes…

• Options

@ThreeCentSilverFL said:

@hummingbird_coins said:

>

Well that’s fair. I guess “Crusty” is a bit relative, for my intents and purposes…

I would call that second one frosty rather than crusty.

Young Numismatist

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems he liked the 22's and 23's.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking Peace dollars.... and a lot of them. I do not follow any ball sports, so cannot commiserate on that point. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have some real treasures there!

The Buckeyes didn’t even have it coming out of the gate….they didn’t deserve to win. Rough night for sure!

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:

I see some Morgan's hiding in there..! 😜

Peace out.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

Peace out.

Is this one crusty enough? :)

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:

@moursund said:

Peace out.

Is this one crusty enough? :)

That is very crusty. And not in a good way... 😜

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not crusty:

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Gators! I worked the game outside security and could only listen to the gator faithful screaming their heads off and watch everyone stumble in and stumble out from too much tailgating.

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I’m a gator grad - lived 9 years in FL and after 2 college degrees finally moved but I’m a gator faithful! Also undergrad at U of Arkansas so I’m also an SEC fan big time!
    But we do agree on coins - love your peace dollars!!

• Options

• Options

My favorite all time silver dollar is the Peace dollar - and really nice ones are very elusive .... amazing history and story with these dollars and again, really hard to find nice PLs or naturally toned specimens - they are incredible to collect. Try to get a really nice 34S or a 27P and you’ll see what I mean.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file