Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA monsters that have never been publicly sold

What are some of the ultra high end PSA graded cards that you would like to see come to public sale that have never seen the light of day, and what do you think they would sell for?
I’ll start with any of the 3 PSA 10 52 Mantles and I’d say ~25 Million

Comments

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

1990 Topps NNOF Thomas in PSA 9 or PSA 10!

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

25 million for a 52 Topps Mantle PSA 10 would be a deal for someone who even has that kind of money. I would say it would go into the 40,000,000+ territory and higher. You better believe investment groups would pull their money together just to be able to own stock into a card like that. There's no way anyone can lose money on a card of that magnitude and in that grade. It will always continue to climb in value. Especially with the world have more millionaires today than ever before. I could even see someone like Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk getting in on that. 40 million would still be chump change to those guys,

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

What if another find happens on the 52s? I’d wager in our life we will see another. We just saw this happen with e98s. It’s a fun hobby but 40 mil for a mantle 10? I disagree

• Options
    parthur1607parthur1607 Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

@voxels123 said:

There’s a BGS 9 on eBay right now for $47,000

• Options
    mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

@voxels123 said:

Looks like a PSA 10 sold back in 2012
    I wonder what it would go for today

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

@Vagabond said:
    There's no way anyone can lose money on a card of that magnitude and in that grade. It will always continue to climb in value.

I’m not saying the Mantle isn’t a good investment. I would say however there has never been an investment in the history of capital markets where this claim could be made.

• Options
    woodstock2woodstock2 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2022 9:24AM

@mrburns443 said:

@voxels123 said:

Looks like a PSA 10 sold back in 2012
    I wonder what it would go for today

Looks like we will know in a few days. The NNOF PSA 10 is back on the market in a Goldin auction now...

https://goldin.co/item/1990-topps-414-frank-thomas-no-name-on-front-error-rookie-card-psa-gemtcjp9?utm_source=PSA&utm_medium=Partner_Email&utm_id=December_Elite

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goldin also has the Aaron Judge number 62 HR ball. It's currently at 1.2 mill with 4 days to go.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrburns443 said:
    What are some of the ultra high end PSA graded cards that you would like to see come to public sale that have never seen the light of day, and what do you think they would sell for?
    I’ll start with any of the 3 PSA 10 52 Mantles and I’d say ~25 Million

Exxxxxxxxccccccceeeeellllllllleeeeeeeennnnnntttttttt topic!

Since I have never had the bankroll to dream that high I am also interested to know what cards have never obtained a PSA 10. For example I am not aware of a 1971 Topps Baseball Thurman Munson PSA 10.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

A monster for other reasons. But Im currious what the 1970 OJ Simpson PSA 10 would sell for. Was recently graded in the last 2 years. Pop 1

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heck, I'd settle to see one of the few 71 Munsons in a PSA 9 come to market!

Ditto for 76 Brett PSA 9.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GreenSneakers said:
    I love it when the board picks up year old discussions and keeps going like there was never a pause.

Always somebody with a low post count who revives it and then everybody just goes with it lol.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    Copyboy1Copyboy1 Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭

The 1-of-1 1935 Nagurski PSA 9 in the Fight4OldDC set. This entire set is incredible.
    https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/football/hall-fame-sets/pro-football-hall-fame-rookie-players/alltimeset/15194

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

Here’s your PSA 10 1990 Topps Frank Thomas NNOF recently ending for over $170,000.

https://goldin.co/item/1990-topps-414-frank-thomas-no-name-on-front-error-rookie-card-psa-gemtcjp9

• Options

I will never understand why that card matters. To me, it's the Craig Nettles of 81 Fleer. A big nothing burger.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    I will never understand why that card matters. To me, it's the Craig Nettles of 81 Fleer. A big nothing burger.

It’s a rookie error card of a Hall of Famer and a fun one at that. Not my card nor do I want it but I get it and I remember it being talked about in 1990 and 1991 as word of mouth spread among collectors.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

1990 Topps #414 Frank Thomas No Name On Front Error Rookie Card – PSA GEM MT 10 – Pop 1. Kudos to the seller and buyer on this sale. Wow. Huge card.

• Options

@GoDodgersFan said:
    1990 Topps #414 Frank Thomas No Name On Front Error Rookie Card – PSA GEM MT 10 – Pop 1. Kudos to the seller and buyer on this sale. Wow. Huge card.

If I'm not mistaken the seller was Evan Mathis........

How much did it sale for is one of the funniest and most ignorant things I've ever heard.

• Options

Great sale!

For me, Error cards are silly; but collect what you like.

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

The 1990 Topps #414 Frank Thomas No Name On Front Error Rookie Card – PSA GEM MT 10 – Pop 1 is
    garbage the ink on the back of the card is running shouldn't have graded higher than a PSA 5.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

High grade 9 or 10 84 Jordan rookie???

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1969 Topps #500 Mickey Mantle White Letter Variant is a pretty tough card in any grade let alone high grade; for a variety of reasons, it is now and has always been one of my favorites and this is my example from back when it was raw:

Well, one of the PSA 9’s (below) recently sold for a shade under $1,000,000. To the best of my knowledge, the lone PSA 10 is in a private collection and has not sold publicly in quite some time.

https://memorylaneinc.com/site/bids/bidplace?itemid=73919

I wouldn’t even be able to hazard a guess as to the value of the PSA 10.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2022 4:32PM

@gorilla glue 4 said:

@GoDodgersFan said:

If I'm not mistaken the seller was Evan Mathis........

With his history of trimming cards I would definitely want to know the history of that card if I were the buyer. Those not aware there is a great thread in Blowout and this article on SportsCardRadio.

https://www.sportscardradio.com/former-nfl-player-evan-mathis-accused-of-card-trimming/

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2022 4:11PM

@GoDodgersFan said:

redacted

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.