Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• bigtonydallasbigtonydallas Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

It should arrive in the next few days. It looks like the close AM. What do you all think?

Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Im thinking reflection making it look closer than it is

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely not

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

…….Well, it’s not off-center- that’s for sure

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin doesn't look off center.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not off center, cannot be sure about the close AM... Let us know when you get it. Cheers, RickO

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything described above - Trust me, I too have been hopeful in the past. This is a classic out of focus, bumped camera, and bad lighting picture. Please post it when it arrives.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the glare on the A might be the fooler and be removing actual space. Not likely. Best of luck.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well either way you’re not buried in it $1.50 w shipping. I keep looking and expect most of what I find to be close. That’s better than left field. I keep trying and am learning learning learning. Maybe a winner hard to tell but easy to see your having fun looking. That’s the name of the game. Let’s us know what you decide and keep searching 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

ya know what I'm looking at?

the "A" in STATES

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• bigtonydallasbigtonydallas Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

NOT THE CLOSE AM. SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO POST PIC.

Big Tony from Texas! Cherrypicking fool!!!!!!
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

We call this an education piece. One problem with cherrypicking is you want to believe it's the coin you desire. But photographic experience has taught me a ton about other peoples photography. Thanks for posting the coin.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • CentSearcherCentSearcher Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

It's not off-center, and unfortunately the close AM variety is only rare for 1992 cents minted in Philadelphia, not Denver.

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CentSearcher said:
    It's not off-center, and unfortunately the close AM variety is only rare for 1992 cents minted in Philadelphia, not Denver.

still a very nice find for denver, especially if unc. :)

the pcgs note about the 1992-d with about 15 known needs changed. the pops are creeping up to nearly 100 just for pcgs but there are probably a couple handfuls out there raw or more.

appears to be tons of them on ebay mis-attributed or outright lies. but what is new?

you guys and gals that still have the gas to report ebay listings, if you run out of stuff to report, let me know and i'll scrounge up a few categories to keep an eye out for. there is NO end to it all. :#

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file