Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Happy Thanksgiving CU! What are YOU thankful for?

1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 25, 2021 6:20AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I am thankful for this wonderful place where we share opinions and cards. Since joining here literally helped me complete it (Phil Rizzuto came via the forums) and for that I am forever thankful, here’s the scans of my favorite set:

It is number one on the Registry and the only complete set ever assembled in PSA slabs.

What are you thankful for?

Enjoy the Turkey and football everyone!!!!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still say that's the best picture of Berra I've ever seen.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Thanksgiving. It was fun watching you get your white whale!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex @brad31

Flattery will get you everywhere.

Thanks, guys. It was a fun ride for sure and the imagery in this set is really second to none.

But what are you guys thankful for thats in your collection? From 2021 or just in general, like me.

And, same to the forum members at large!

Whatcha got, CU?

(with pics/scans)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are YOU thankful for?

Hey 51 Wheaties, that's an easy one to answer for me...

My BBCE Football Racks...

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

My eyesight. It is getting harder to read the stats on cards, so I appreciate having good eyesight up until now.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m thankful I have a hobby I truly enjoy, and can share in this hobby with thousands of people all over the world; that I’m able to share what I love to collect with you all, and enjoy what you all love to collect and share too! Cheers to you all this holiday season!
    Here’s some ‘71’s and ‘62’s I can’t wait to send in someday:

• Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

I'm thankful for family, friends, a great wife, a few days off from work, and-on here-AFLFan-- we have been messaging and it's very good to feel supported on here. Very thankful. Best wishes to all!!!

• Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

I'm thankful for all the usual stuff, and that card collecting has brought me much joy for nearly 50 years. My first pack was purchased at 7-11 - last series 1973 baseball along with Zots and a Slurpee. And to Jimmy Yee, my buddy from Fairview Elementary School who got me involved in card collecting.

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

When it comes to the hobby, I'm thankful for the friends I've made, the shows I've attended and the endless hours of stress relief and fun I've have. The thing that might sum it up most for me is that the first card I ever truly wanted is still the one I have the most fun with, all things 1979 Topps Roger Staubach

I could keep going, but that's probably more than enough for now.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach