Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Serena Williams Record womens sports card sale!

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, that is incredible. i wonder if that is the highest price paid for a tennis card?

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome. She has definitely earned it!

• GeneralJimGeneralJim Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

I prefer this one

looking for 1988 Fournier estrellas stickers , 1985 Prism Jewel stickers , anything Jesse Owens .

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

GOAT. Finally getting the recognition. She has won 23 Grand Slam singles titles and still counting.

• FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

She is amazing. Have not watched the movie yet. Looking forward to it.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    wow, that is incredible. i wonder if that is the highest price paid for a tennis card?

No. A Federer card or two sold 6 figures.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoDodgersFan said:
    GOAT. Finally getting the recognition. She has won 23 Grand Slam singles titles and still counting.

Absolutely. Easily the best women's tennis player ever.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

23 is a big number

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 398 ✭✭✭

The previous record was about 300 dollars. Inflation.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

What am I missing? She’s amazing and it’s an autographed double relic. But it’s a PSA 5.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@DBesse27 said:
    What am I missing? She’s amazing and it’s an autographed double relic. But it’s a PSA 5.

Its a super rare card. Unlike her base netpro cards.

Ignore list -Basebal21

edited November 29, 2021 1:00PM

@Tabe said:

@GoDodgersFan said:

She's in the discussion, but Margaret Court and Graf were better. They won calendar year grand slams. Hardest thing to do in the sport. Just ask Novak Djokovic. Graf only player to win the Golden slam.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Graf was unbelievable too!

Not sure why politics need to be interjected in a tennis discussion.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@GoDodgersFan said:

That's what all the liberal networks want you to believe. She's in the discussion, but Margaret Court and Graf were better. They won calendar year grand slams. Hardest thing to do in the sport. Just ask Novak Djokovic. Graf only player to win the Golden slam.

Steffi is, by far, my favorite women's player ever. I don't like Serena at all. Serena was better.

Margaret Court and her 11 Slams in the Open era isn't in the conversation. She'd get blown off the court by Serena - or Graf.

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@GoDodgersFan said:

That's what all the liberal networks want you to believe. She's in the discussion, but Margaret Court and Graf were better. They won calendar year grand slams. Hardest thing to do in the sport. Just ask Novak Djokovic. Graf only player to win the Golden slam.

Steffi is, by far, my favorite women's player ever. I don't like Serena at all. Serena was better.

Margaret Court and her 11 Slams in the Open era isn't in the conversation. She'd get blown off the court by Serena - or Graf.

Nah, if they played with the same equipment, Serena would get beat.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

Even with the same equipment, Court couldn't handle Serena's vastly superior speed and strength.

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Even with the same equipment, Court couldn't handle Serena's vastly superior speed and strength.

lol did you watch Court play? She would neutralize Serena and outsmart her with tactics.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

lol did you watch Court play? She would neutralize Serena and outsmart her with tactics.

Yes, I've seen Court play. You're telling me that she'd outsmart Serena when she got blown off the court by Bobby Riggs?

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Yes, I've seen Court play. You're telling me that she'd outsmart Serena when she got blown off the court by Bobby Riggs?

Riggs was a former #1 ranked player in the world lol. A guy ranked in the 700's could beat Serena today.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Riggs was a former #1 ranked player in the world lol. A guy ranked in the 700's could beat Serena today.

He was 55 years old when he beat Court and wasn't exactly blasting the ball by her.

A guy ranked in the 700s could beat any women's player, that's not saying much.

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

I’m of the opinion that the current (or close to current) greatest player in any sport would beat the greatest of previous generations based on diet, strength training, and increased athleticism alone. Do most folks not think so?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

He was 55 years old when he beat Court and wasn't exactly blasting the ball by her.

55 isn't that old. Both Connors and McEnroe still played great in their 50's. Would you want to play either Sampras or Agassi right now? You would get crushed.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

55 isn't that old. Both Connors and McEnroe still played great in their 50's. Would you want to play either Sampras or Agassi right now? You would get crushed.

Of course I would. I'm nearly 50 myself with a bad back and haven't played tennis in 25 years. And was only high school pretty good at zenith anyway. I'm not the #1 women's player.

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Of course I would. I'm nearly 50 myself with a bad back and haven't played tennis in 25 years. And was only high school pretty good at zenith anyway. I'm not the #1 women's player.

Thanks for making my point. Agassi would beat Serena today. No question.

Ignore list -Basebal21

Court holds all the records. So she is the greatest.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

Really? She's got the most Open Era Grand Slams?

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Would Andre beat Serena? Probably. He'd also obliterate Bobby Riggs. But neither one has anything to do with Court beating Serena, which she would not do.

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Would Andre beat Serena? Probably. He'd also obliterate Bobby Riggs. But neither one has anything to do with Court beating Serena, which she would not do.

In her prime Court would beat Serena.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

The most grand slams... 24. Every year the tv announcers always say 'serena is chasing Courts record of 24. .Most titles, calendar year grand slam. Records that Serena can only dream about.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

The most grand slams... 24. Every year the tv announcers always say 'serena is chasing Courts record of 24. .Most titles, calendar year grand slam. Records that Serena can only dream about.

Well, when half your Grand Slams came against amateurs...

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

@Tabe said:

@coolstanley said:

Well, when half your Grand Slams came against amateurs...

Lol you mean hall of famers. Every slam she won she had to beat hall of famers.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had Maureen Connelly not been in a horse riding accident at age 19 there's likely no doubt who the greatest women's player would have been.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

Not sure why politics need to be interjected in a tennis discussion.

Agreed.

@coolstanley i I have edited your comment. Please leave your political thoughts off the forum.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.