Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

DELETE

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 22, 2022 2:49PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Collecting interests: Mexico & Peru early milled 1 reales + 1796-1891 US dimes

Sports: NHL & NFL

Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!!!

Comments

• PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else?

• I'm getting to the point in my collection where I have most of the cheaper, easy to find coins. So it will be fewer coins, perhaps 2 or 3 a month, whether that's because of rarity or because I'm holding out for better quality. If anything, my budget will be lower now there are fewer Covid restrictions preventing me spending on anything else.

Having said that, I think this every month, only to find half a dozen coins or more I want in upcoming auctions...

Same I rather focus on 3-4 nicer coins per year or 1 big coin and maybe 1-2 smaller coins. Not as fun but will be happier long term I took this strategy.

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

My goal is to set some goals.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

To get the rest of my foreign coins slabbed by PCGS.

• I used to collect a lot, mostly PCGS slabbed cents through dollars from 1900 to date. Stopped actively collecting about ten years ago. Then retired and started up again this year. Working on a Dansco 7070 type set and Dansco Morgan’s and Peace dollars. I hope to complete all three sets in 2022.

• Finish my Dansco 7070, build a Canadian Box of 20..

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:
    Finish my Dansco 7070, build a Canadian Box of 20..

Yep, my 7070 is usually on my official 'New Year's resolution list'. Don't think I've bought one for it in at least five years. It was a coin from Baltimore and I think the seller was borderline horrified because it was some generic $10 Indian Head in a PCGS MS-63/CAC slab. And I was going to crack it for the album. He looked like he wanted to take it back :smiley:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Not let the other half find out I’m still collecting

MrMorrisine must be a bit like MrStork. I've been very inactive lately and he is under the foolish impression that I'm done. Silly man. Reassessing, and mostly just too much of being an under bidder.

• santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am finishing up my major 2021 project which I will post soon.

2022? I’m going into the new year open to whatever appeals. In other words, I don’t know yet.

• BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on what opportunities present themselves.

I didn’t plan on selling a half dime last year but the offer was too good. I didn’t plan on buying a bust dollar this year but….you get the idea.

I hope some interesting Spanish colonial pieces come my way along with a few bust die marriages I need.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • 1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am done with 2021. in 2022 I will continue with my french coins of 1984, maybe all the test (ESSAI) issues for them, hopefully some pieforts and some random silver world 1984 proofs. Also, the hunt is in progress for some mega rares, like always.

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter

@1984worldcoins said:
    I am done with 2021. in 2022 I will continue with my french coins of 1984, maybe all the test (ESSAI) issues for them, hopefully some pieforts and some random silver world 1984 proofs. Also, the hunt is in progress for some mega rares, like always.

Why 1984?

• 1984worldcoins1984worldcoins Posts: 596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why 1984?

I was 16 in 1984 and life was soo good ( at least that is what i like to remember) and I am looking back at the 80's with nostalgia so when I started to collect, after a few other themes, i selected this one, there are thousands of coins, some very rare or expensive, so plenty of material to collect.

Coinsof1984@martinb6830 on twitter

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2021 3:38AM

Add 1-2 significant coins to my collection.

Avoid adding coins which don’t advance my collection.

Have fun