Home Precious Metals
Options

Precious metal rounds of a different sort

JWPJWP Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love collecting coins but got turned around on these precious metal rounds. Some of these I bought for less than $2 and now are valued at $20 or more. The 20 mm titanium I paid $73 for the pair and have no idea what it's worth today. Thanks for your time looking and give me an idea what you think. This is only a small sample of what I have as I did not include the silver items. I might post them on a different day if people like this type of a post.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Comments

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

I kind of want one in uranium.

• Options

My understanding is that this is like the round that the A-10 used.

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

@JWP said:

Yes, me as well. So I was not really being silly, I really do want such a thing in U metal, they actually do exist!
    I do not think that they are so easy to get your hands on though, as a civilian.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2021 3:44PM

@JWP said:

It's also used in the computer controlled naval Phalanx (CWIS) weapon. I was part of a team that installed these on US destroyers in the early 90's. These weapons are like squirt guns loaded with 20mm rounds. Their primary mission is to destroy incoming missiles. The sailors that operate them know that there is a good chance they will be hit by the shrapnel created by the destruction of the speeding target moving toward them.

https://youtu.be/lrre7STy5Pw

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@element159 These bullion rounds are lot more expensive now than when I purchased them 3 years ago. The silver bullion rounds were very inexpensive then also. I've bought 22LR (1/4 AG) for $5 and they sell on some sites over $30. they are list a warning "do not try an load this in a fire arm" These inert bullion rounds would really be create a problem is used that way. LOL

• Options

@derryb Love the video, I was an AQ1 in the Navy before I retired form the USAF. All the Navy would let work on was radar, computers, bombs, and missiles. Didn't work with the fun stuff.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice collection!!!

I have a few..

4 oz. Titanium .50 BMG

7 oz. Silver 12 Gauge shotgun shells (stock pics)

• Options

@masscrew They are nice. I'll got the NWTN 5 oz 12 gauge and the 22LR 1/4 oz NWTM, and some 45 cals from NWTM in 1 and 1 1/5 oz. I truly love them. The 20mm Titanium pair is hard to find also. I sure wish i could have got the NWTM before they closed, but still was able to find a few.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP said:
    @masscrew They are nice. I'll got the NWTN 5 oz 12 gauge and the 22LR 1/4 oz NWTM, and some 45 cals from NWTM in 1 and 1 1/5 oz. I truly love them. The 20mm Titanium pair is hard to find also. I sure wish i could have got the NWTM before they closed, but still was able to find a few.

Nice... I think I have a box from NWTM with some .45s in it.. 7 rings a bell, but I can't remember. I'll have to check and post a pic :)

• Options

The bullion rounds from Ben wtm bring a premium price. I just looked on eBay and it is outrageous what people are selling these 4 and especially the ones from nwtm. I like these a lot but I still like the coins best. Thanks for your comments, Jon

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen the different caliber silver bullets from time to time and always passed on them because of the premium. Now I think I really want the 7oz silver 12 gauge slugs. That stock image just looks cool.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the .45 silver bullets.... I have been intending to get a shotgun shell in silver...Guess I better get moving with silver dipping. ;) I think I will look for the .308 in titanium as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Meltdown The 12 gauge copper shells from NWTM also look super, i have two both the AG and CU.