Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2006 eTopps baseball RRO misprints

I am having trouble finding information on 4 etopps baseball cards from the 2006 set. They are RRO cards that I bought as they were released and had them shipped shortly after. When I received them they were shipped without the black border. I received an email from Topps saying the cards were incorrectly printed and that I should return them so they could send the correct cards. I never got around to it, so I still have them. I included a photo of the 4 I have, the 5th one misprinted was the Stephen Drew card, that one I got delivered was printed correctly.
I am looking for any info anyone can provide. Like population of the misprint and value if any.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

wait, what's the error? what black border? those cards look completely normal to me. here is my 2006 eTopps Jeter.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    4Packfan4Packfan Posts: 3
    edited November 23, 2021 3:06PM

Right. These are RROs. The RRO (restricted rookie offerings) had the black border. They only offered 12 or so RROs per year. These were limited to 10 minutes to 10 hours of sale. Jeter wasn’t in that mix. If you look one of the 4 on eBay you’ll see all of them have a black border vs the silver border.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

ahhhh I didn't realize the difference between the standard issue and the RRO.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

No problem. There is so little information out there on these cards, any info is appreciated.