Home U.S. Coin Forum

******** New Morgan and Peace dollars for 2022 official thread *********

HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 20, 2021 9:24AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Here is an article about the coming Peace & Morgan dollars for 2022 and beyond.

https://coinworld.com/news/us-coins/morgan-and-peace-dollars-will-be-back-in-2022

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

Comments

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2021 7:41AM

Will this be the end of flipping mint products in the future ? Remember that box of chocolates thing. >:)

Here is another article : https://coinworld.com/news/us-coins/monday-morning-brief-for-nov-15-2021-this-is-not-a-surprise

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

With enrollments for these and/or a retry of the 'waiting room' process, release days are going to be a whole lot different experience than this year.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

So then...when will be able to enroll for these?

I have current enrollments and I don't see these as an option to lick yet?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think they even know what finishes they will do.

I’d expect subscription start dates to follow the PR for the finishes… or at best be released at the same time.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

After going after the bots in 2021 it appears the Mint is setting it's sights on flippers and coin clubs in 2022.
    They should also review their own policies as well.

If they focus on selling to collector demand, it will be interesting to find out what that demand really is.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far, I do not see anything that interests me. Perhaps they will be adding items and that could change. Cheers, RickO

• Interesting.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I saved alot of time, money & aggravation when I decided not to go for the 2021 issues. Hmmmmm......feels okay.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • JWPJWP Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really believe the 2022 issues will be be enrolment product. It's going to be the same old hurry up and wait and get shut out by the bots. Oh well, good hunting everyone.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

They need to get creative with their captcha's. That's for sure.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

One step forward on distribution two steps back on quality this year. Article says a lot about stopping bots, coin clubs and flippers but little about improving quality. If the don't improve quality they will stop the collectors as well.
    Hoping for some spot free and scratch free shiny proofs next year.

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

They and going to Stop flipping they are selling 10% to 18 dealers before release. Talk about a head start and us receiving 2nd hand merchandise maybe that’s why they where crappie we all seen this before where we rec 2nd and you know it. This time they told us and the 1st coins graded where all 70’s come on Ray Charles could see what happened to this one. I want to know what was the return rate on those 18 dealers. But we will never know, that is just me dumb Type2 thinking.

Hoard the keys.

Most likely ( nudge nudge wink wink ) the 18 dealers 10 % were cherrypicked before they received them and the non 70's were returned. They no longer have to go to the back door as they get it out the front door now. With unlimited non cancellable subscriptions and the 10% for the gang of 18 there will be no market left for flipping.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't think bulk orders are returnable by dealers.

GrandAm :)

@GRANDAM said:
    I didn't think bulk orders are returnable by dealers.

Who knows all they do. They refused to answer other questions about the 10% advanced sales when a Freedom of Information Act request was filed. Only the shadow knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Special secret deals for special customers are made by every seller for every product that is sold every day. It is just a given part of the circle of commerce.

With the sales numbers on the privy coins dropping to the 165,000 range and the big drop in prices I don't see a big demand for these in 2022. However, the proof issue may do well. I will definitely by a couple proofs as I am addicted to shiny silver coins.

The remaining 2021 coins sold fast even with the 3 HHL. I am looking forward to the proof versions next year.

edited December 20, 2021 7:48AM

@pf70collector said:
    I see they are offering the proof versions of Morgan and peace. So no uncirculated MS in 2022?

@Goldminers said:
    There might be bullion uncirculated.

I hope they do not over produce these coins. Proof version only for 2022 is all that is needed.
    Limited edition of 25,000 :#

• Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will see in a few months.

Hoard the keys.
  • Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:
    @pf70collector said:
    I see they are offering the proof versions of Morgan and peace. So no uncirculated MS in 2022?

@Goldminers said:
    There might be bullion uncirculated.

I hope they do not over produce these coins. Proof version only for 2022 is all that is needed.
    Limited edition of 25,000 :#

I would be on board for 25,000!

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys talking about the US Mint? Last year they learned that they can pre-sell (backorder) 5 months out. They made 175,000 minimum of the Morgan’s and 300,000 of the ase proofs. Jack the price up and package in garbage junk.
    Right off the bat they are backordering the 2022 Purple Hearts 4 months out.
    They learned quickly and I really don’t think they are going to have a change of heart. At least 200,000 of each Morgan and peace dollar in proof and don’t be surprised if $90+.
    Good luck 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

A pipe dream for sure. We all know the mint will milk that cow until the buckets are overflowing. :o

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, God, no. Make it stop.

But JM. We have to wait until the reverse proofs are released. I can’t wait to see how well they did compared with the originals😂

I hope they do not run out of silver to produce the proofs. I love shiny silver coins. :)

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

For true collectors in this thread, only 250 available Universe Wide!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
    edited January 14, 2022 8:34PM

Cuanto Cuesta?

@MilesWaits said:
    For true collectors in this thread, only 250 available Universe Wide!

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2022 8:47PM

4061 Mexico Pesos, amigo.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Melt would be the only acceptable price

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Gracious, Primo 😉

• JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭✭

Avoid disappointment and future regret. ORDER NOW !

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

What kind of grades are forum members seeing on these?

Not thrilled with my results, but I guess it could have been worse.

Glad I got two seventies on the Peace $1.

@HATTRICK said: on January 2
    I hope they do not run out of silver to produce the proofs. I love shiny silver coins. :)

According to the announcement by the MInt it looks like they are running out of silver. Looks like I will have to wait at
    least another year for my proofs. :'(

They didn’t run out last year

It comes and it goes depending on when excuses are needed. It's the mint we all know and love.
    Remember that box of chocolates thing !!!

We’ll they can’t use the proof commemorative planchets because there’s a .001 weight difference. They didn’t run out, they got ignorant

I see the Proof versions are still on the product schedule. Were they just saying they would not do the regular issues for this year and still leaving the proof versions open as a possibility ? I hope they still do the Proofs as that is the only ones I will buy.

• olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

So there won't be any Morgans or Peace Dollars this year?

edited March 15, 2022 11:23AM

That’s what they said in this current email and it sounds like nothing this year. No regular,proof or reverse proof. I was down if they did an enhanced, colorized, reverse uncirculated. Guess we’ll just wait 🤨

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the Mint news article for those who did not see it:

March 14, 2022
    The United States Mint (Mint) today announced it will forgo the production and sales of Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars in 2022. This calculated pause is directly related to the global pandemic’s impact upon the availability of silver blanks from the Mint’s suppliers. The suspension will give the Mint time to evaluate the best way to allocate our limited supply of silver to ensure the best customer experience we can.

“We’ll be required to make business decisions like this until the supply chain for silver blanks recovers from the disruptions caused by COVID-19,” said Mint Deputy Director Ventris C. Gibson.

“I want to ensure that our customers know,” she said, “that the modern renditions of the historic Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars will continue next year. Our goal is straightforward: to give our loyal customers the products they want and the service they deserve.”

The regular were not on the product schedule only the proof version of the Morgan and the Peace. Not 100 % clear.
    guess we will have to wait and see for more info,

edited March 15, 2022 12:33PM

I’m with you on waiting. Next week who knows. I was kidding about multiple Morgan’s and peace. Proof issues were all I saw but I was wondering about the MM now, as these appeared to be the S MM.
    (Well the 2022 issues were S MM )

• After the fiasco with the 2021 Morgans and Peace I'm unsure I'll be able to get a new one from the mint. I was lucky to be able to get only the 3 Peace dollars by shear luck and they all have matching marks on them that would keep them from getting a 70. If the mintages drop next year due to this shortage I think demand will grow way to high for this small fish.

edited March 15, 2022 2:09PM

I have had no problem getting thru for HHL on first days even with two minute sell outs. Maybe it is that "key" I have to the backdoor. >:) Or it could just be exceptional luck. o:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file