Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!!!

I just want to thank all the collectors on here that have helped me by answering questions, those that have sold me coins and everything in between!! You have all been so helpful and KIND.

I am a young teacher who has only been collecting for 6years but I absolutely love it and will do it for my lifetime!

I have learned however that there are a lot of scammers or even worse REALLY REALLY TERRIBLY MEAN individuals not on this forum but in the coin world that would rather yell at me than answer a question from me (a Rookie).

SO TO ALL OF YOU I GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP AND I AM PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS COMMUNITY!!

Comments

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TeacherCollector is a great communicator, and a pleasure to deal with. A welcome addition to these Forums.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard and you must realize that sometimes some members are having a bad day or have wasted time trying to help a newbie and have that very person seeking help call them names for not agreeing with them. So, just relax and utilize the helpful replies and ignore any grouchy replies.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2021 10:53AM

Welcome. There’s a wonderful variety of people who post here. I really like the fact that people who spend many thousands of dollars on coins talk and share with people who CRH or just have a set amount (pensioner like me)available for the hobby. Interesting that different types of people share a common passion and can share their thoughts with each other. Awesome 😎

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

One thing i feel we need in this game is thick skin. We may not always here what we want to here but the sooner we can get uses to it the faster we all can grow. Happy to help with what ever I can and this board has a lot of knowledge to give because there is a lot to look for. I’m Happy to have you here and other new members as well. Be safe and have fun doing what you like doing.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS is looking for a few good collectors (like you).

Glad to welcome you here.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TeacherCollector said:
    I just want to thank all the collectors on here that have helped me by answering questions, those that have sold me coins and everything in between!! You have all been so helpful and KIND.

I am a young teacher who has only been collecting for 6years but I absolutely love it and will do it for my lifetime!

I have learned however that there are a lot of scammers or even worse REALLY REALLY TERRIBLY MEAN individuals not on this forum but in the coin world that would rather yell at me than answer a question from me (a Rookie).

SO TO ALL OF YOU I GREATLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP AND I AM PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS COMMUNITY!!

look forward to your contributions to educating and entertaining us!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TeacherCollector said:

Welcome! If I can answer any questions regarding W quarters please do not hesitate to contact me!😎

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TeacherCollector... Very nice comment. Glad to see you are enjoying the hobby and the forum. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are welcome. This is an excellent community and we're happy to have you here. :)

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:

@TeacherCollector is a great communicator, and a pleasure to deal with. A welcome addition to these Forums.

But what is done with the teachers after they're collected? Catch-and-release perhaps... 🤔

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭

Well, speaking for this teacher, if they don't catch and release, they'll be broke feeding me.

imageimage

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome and I learn something on CU everyday. Quite the assortment of interesting characters here. Can't imagine a day without CU and coins. C u around. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the best place to learn about coins. Before I joined, I had a redbook, and random online websites. Just over 2 years here have taught me more than 5 years on my own. I am very grateful to those that share their knowledge here. :)

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file