Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New 2021 palladium bullion eagle?

Did anyone happen to spot this? APMEX and others have posted and are pre selling at approx $2500

“ In only its second release since its 2017 introduction, this bullion issue Palladium Eagle is limited to a mintage of only 8,700 coins, the lowest mintage limit for a U.S. Mint Palladium coin to date!”

Interesting and a smaller mintage than the 2021 proof version

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Low can go lower

Buy it because you want it, not because the mintage is low or palladium is down

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The palladium coins have often had very nice designs. I have not collected them, but definitely find them attractive. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

@Orlena said:
    Did anyone happen to spot this? APMEX and others have posted and are pre selling at approx $2500

“ In only its second release since its 2017 introduction, this bullion issue Palladium Eagle is limited to a mintage of only 8,700 coins, the lowest mintage limit for a U.S. Mint Palladium coin to date!”

Interesting and a smaller mintage than the 2021 proof version

$2500 is reasonable for these if one is inclined to purchase one at this time. I just may jump at one for my palladium type set as I missed out on the 2017 when they were issued.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2021 proof version has only sold 4,765 if the data for remaining is correct, when inspecting the site. Also the official Mint production "demand"/sales show only 4,471 as of Nov 11th which may be adjusted down from the prior number to reflect returns. The Mint authorized 12,000, but will not sell that many. So the 2021 proof will be the lowest mintage, lowest 70 population by far, and the most expensive of the palladium eagles to date.

Do not be fooled by the bullion really being the lowest mintage, as the odds are higher the bullion dealers will buy all 8,700 to sell because they are so much cheaper than the proofs.

I did just buy one from a coin dealer that I prefer in PCGS MS70 FDOI for around $2,550 to keep my set complete.

I think palladium has some upside after the last 6 months drop, as car demand for hybrids will be huge with extra gov't rebates, and palladium is still needed in those and in short supply.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Provident, Yes I agree interesting verbiage “limited mintages” plural rather than singular and wouldn’t that 10 coin tube be cool!

The first version of the American Eagle Palladium Coin ever released by the United States Mint was a Brilliant Uncirculated specimen. Offered alone in 2017 when the series debuted, the US Mint now circles around to the BU release again in 2021 as it releases its first-ever two-version date mark in the brief history of the series. Right now, you can buy 2021 American Eagle 1 oz Palladium Coins online from Provident Metals.

Highlights:

Arrives with an individual protective flip, a plastic tube of 10, or a mint-sealed box of 100 palladium coins!
    5th year of issue for the American Eagle 1 oz Palladium Series!
    Limited mintages! Huh??
    Contains 1 Troy oz of .9995 pure palladium in BU condition.
    Bears a face value of $25 (USD) fully backed by the American government.
    The obverse shows a depiction of Winged Liberty.
    On the reverse side is the American bald eagle.
    Created by Adolph A. Weinman.
    Provident Metals is pleased to offer the new 2021 American Eagle 1 oz Palladium Coin to you for purchase online in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The coins will ship individually in protective flips, by multiples of 10 coins in plastic tubes, and by multiples of 100 coins in boxes. The box holds a total of ten individual 10-coin tubes.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    The 2021 proof version has only sold 4,765 if the data for remaining is correct, when inspecting the site. Also the official Mint production "demand"/sales show only 4,471 as of Nov 11th which may be adjusted down from the prior number to reflect returns. The Mint authorized 12,000, but will not sell that many. So the 2021 proof will be the lowest mintage, lowest 70 population by far, and the most expensive of the palladium eagles to date.

Do not be fooled by the bullion really being the lowest mintage, as the odds are higher the bullion dealers will buy all 8,700 to sell because they are so much cheaper than the proofs.

I did just buy one from a coin dealer that I prefer in PCGS MS70 FDOI for around $2,550 to keep my set complete.

I think palladium has some upside after the last 6 months drop, as car demand for hybrids will be huge with extra gov't rebates, and palladium is still needed in those and in short supply.

Just be aware—bullion doesn’t grade well. I expect less that 10% of the mintage in 70.

• Options

It was interesting to watch APMEX sit on these. Mine was delivered from SD Bullion before APMEX listed them for presale.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file