Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show Off Your Display Setup! Here's Mine...

Over the past couple of years, I found that I enjoy displaying pieces of my collection in my office nearly as much as the pieces themselves! For the first time, I thought I’d show you my office in 360. This was inspired by the 11/07/21 podcast episode I just did last night at www.tanmanbaseballfan.com/podcast

If you love baseball cards, transformers, comics, and voltron, I think you’ll click with me … otherwise, you will probably think I’m weird 🙂

This wall shows my game used / autographed bat of Canseco who hit home run #12 in 1997 with it. On top of this bat is the custom player worn & signed letter set that I created, using a jersey from each team he played on. Above this are 9 framed pieces, most of which are taken from when I was on the cover of Beckett Magazine with Jose back in Aug. 2015. (I think it was Aug?)

Here are the vast majority of my favorite Canseco cards. It is filled with many of my absolute favorites that have ever been created of him! These simply couldn’t be placed in a box. I’m happy they are out to breathe, and I love looking at them everyday! Above the shelf are some Gigapower Chrome Dinobots, and beneath are the #1 issues of X-Men, Fantastic Four, and The Avengers!

Perhaps my favorite view is this: I love the vintage corner, and frequently look at them.

Here is a more chaotic … errr … zoomed out view of this corner. This will no doubt drive some people crazy, but for me, I LOVE it! It’s my own personal museum of my weird tastes 🙂

Here is a video of my office – pardon the dust & mess … it is definitely lived in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj8gAT7kxss

Please do feel free to show your display setups as well – I LOVE seeing what others do – it inspires me, as well as others.

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• Options

Looks awesome. I love the vintage Transformers, too. I had the Constructicons and Aerialbots sets. Too bad I played with them until they broke lol.

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

Love the display…thanks for sharing!!! (Not sure that I’d.get any work done in there though!!!)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

I Like your Comic Books! Those are Cool, and I'm not really a "Comic Book" guy

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

Love the RC Cola cans and the Slim Jim discs. I can't get enough of either, but the cost of shipping the cans and the obscurity of the discs has helps keep me in check.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

Always love seeing your Mantle stuff Wheaties…

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fmclaug11 said:

I vote the mannequin usher with the moustache as the outright winner of this thread.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fmclaug11 said:
    Always love seeing your Mantle stuff Wheaties…

Thank you, kindly.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    @mouschi - you have some really great displays, Tanner. I have small children so my display days are on hold for now. 😢

I do put together some group shots, on occasion - I hope that’s close enough?

Good heavens, yes! AWESOME stuff!

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options

@rexvos said:

@fmclaug11 said:

I vote the mannequin usher with the moustache as the outright winner of this thread.

+1

• Options
    edited November 9, 2021 11:18AM

@mouschi said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    @mouschi - you have some really great displays, Tanner. I have small children so my display days are on hold for now. 😢

I do put together some group shots, on occasion - I hope that’s close enough?

Good heavens, yes! AWESOME stuff!

Thank you, Tanner. I decided to offer a fresh group scan just for this thread...

...as a thanks for all your awesome posts over the years, from Canseco hunting to vintage gathering, and always chronicled eloquently.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice displays!

Am I the only one who does not display anything? :o

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

mine are all work in progress.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

@countdouglas your wax setup made me smile instantly ... I love it!

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

@mouschi said:

@rexvos said:

@fmclaug11 said:

+1

His name is Kenny…don’t ask me why, that’s just what I started calling him about 5 years ago when I got him and now my whole family refers to him by name. He frequently scares visitors when they go downstairs as he is right at the bottom of the stairs…waiting to take their ticket lol.

• Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

This was an extremely fun thread to look at. Some of those displays are incredible. I wish I had a room to display all my items.
    Well done everyone!

• Options
    cgfalconecgfalcone Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Really nice displays here. It inspired me to clear out some space so I can display some of my stuff.
    Kenny the mannequin is great. Is the Kong by his feet sports related? Maybe from one of those dogs that catches frisbees at halftime.

• Options

I love it. I have so much I could do with all my items from the 60's-90's. I just gotta do it, afterall I'mm 66 years in age.

Previous CU user: jmmiller777
    Baseball HOFer's-PSA6+
    Heritage Sets
    Kellogg's Graded-PSA 8+
    60's Topps Sets-Raw
    Anything that Catches My Attention

• Options
    PatriotPatPatriotPat Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

• Options
    PatriotPatPatriotPat Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

• Options

@PatriotPat

Marvelous stuff; that Troy Brown card is awesome and the ‘Saint Brady’ glass piece must have a story…