Ase’s available for 2022 enrollment

Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 8, 2021 6:13AM in U.S. Coin Forum

The S. W. Proof and W burnished ase’s up for enrollment

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Comments

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder why the 2022 1oz ASE Proof (West Point) enrollment has not sold out, as the San Fran and Uncirculated ASE's enrollments have?

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2022-one-ounce-silver-proof-coin-22EA.html?cgid=2022-product-schedule

BST references available on request

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

The planned mintage may be higher

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    The planned mintage may be higher

Is the information about the planned mintages unavailable for the three enrollment offers? (San Fran, Uncirc, W)?

Is that normal for the Mint to not release mintage numbers for enrollment coins?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve never noticed when mintages were posted

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2022 1:14PM

Day of release but I seem to remember information being available ahead of time 🤨
    Ah perhaps I remember. When the pictures and prices are listed then mintage is listed. Maybe Coinworld or NN has advanced knowledge.

• Options

Is Enrollment data ever published?
    I know some on here like to dig into the numbers and interpret a deeper meaning into the ways of the Mint.
    Knowing how many enrollments are authorized would help understand things a bit more about the final mintage.

Or maybe the 2022 San Fran and Uncirculated ASE's are just going to be the more popular ones this year?
    I would have thought the 2022 W proof ASE would have gotten more love.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am enrolled for the W ASE.... I like the enrollment program... no hassle, smooth transaction and delivery. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I would guess that enrollments have a limit of something like "no more than 50% of product limit" and the other offerings hit that cutoff quicker due to the fact that they have a lower product limit typically to begin with.
    2021 Type 2:
    2021 W Uncirculated product limit of 175,000
    2021 S Proof product limit of 200,000
    2021 W Proof product limit of 300,000

• Options

@ricko said:
    I am enrolled for the W ASE.... I like the enrollment program... no hassle, smooth transaction and delivery. Cheers, RickO

If I may, may I ask why you enrolled in the W ASE but not the 2022 San Fran and Uncirculated ASE's?

I'm trying to understand, from a collectors standpoint, why the 2022 San Fran and Uncirculated ASE's enrollments closed so quickly but yet the W ASE enrollment is still open.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket....For me, it is simply that I have collected W coins since the first one, the W dime. Just a personal fixation. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

A date is finally on the mint schedule for their release. April 14 for the ASE W proof and also congratulations set.

• Options

Should be a good year to try for a congratulations set. Usually HHL1. This will be a key date for collectors of OGP ase W congratulations due to this being the first time they will have the type 2 reverse. Last year was a type 1. I believe I will try for one of these but holding fast on not collecting the new ase issues ( unless they are some how significant). Plus I do enjoy scrambling for a special issue, just not all the time 😉

• Options
    edited February 4, 2022 3:21PM

E-mail just rcvd from the US Mint...

American Eagle Program – Enrollments Likely to Consume All Inventory

Enroll Today – While Inventory Remains
    Since the design change last year, enrollments for American Eagle products have more than doubled. As a result, 100% of available units of the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (S) and the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin (W) have been reserved through enrollments. If you would like to be notified if either of these coins become available again, please sign up for a “Remind Me” alert.

However there is still time to enroll in the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (W). If purchasing this coin is a priority for you, enroll now while inventory remains.

Again, I'm curious as to why the S & W coins have already sold out, yet the W Proof still remains avail?

Why does the W Proof not seem to get as much love?

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

My theory is that a lot of people had enrolled for three of everything last year. The W proof is the first out so many have dialed that one back to one leaving some available. As the S proof and W unc release dates are announced you will see people go back to one and then they will become available.

Only my guess - anyone else?

• Options

@Orlena said:
    My theory is that a lot of people had enrolled for three of everything last year. The W proof is the first out so many have dialed that one back to one leaving some available. As the S proof and W unc release dates are announced you will see people go back to one and then they will become available.

Only my guess - anyone else?

I hope so!

• Options
    edited February 4, 2022 5:17PM

I’m shocked that, I just can’t, what the, They said what? Outrageous.
    The W proofs had 300,000 plus mintage while the S was200,000 ish and the burnished was 175,000ish. I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of a sell out via enrollment. If so I really don’t think anyone will cancel any of their order, they have become valuable if they are only available on the secondary market. What a mess🤨

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I’m shocked that, I just can’t, what the, They said what? Outrageous.
    The W proofs had 300,000 plus mintage while the S was200,000 ish and the burnished was 175,000ish. I don’t believe I’ve ever heard of a sell out via enrollment. If so I really don’t think anyone will cancel any of their order, they have become valuable if they are only available on the secondary market. What a mess🤨

Ah, thanks for that info!
    I think someone else may have mentioned that too...maybe I just forgot there was different mintages amounts.
    I just couldn't understand why the W Proofs had not sold out yet - As I think they would be more popular in being proofs (maybe I have a few things to learn!).

• Options
    edited February 4, 2022 5:35PM

Forgot the 35-50,000 congratulations sets with the W proof. And the 50,000 in the Limited Edition sets , we’re pushing 400,000 W ‘s ofcourse add another 35-50,000 S proofs but 250,000 is less than 400,000. Type 2 reverse help sell some.
    Plus 350,000 + W proof type 2

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2022 7:24PM

I hope they open enrollment on the S proof around when it comes out. I've spent too much $$$ this year (and last) chasing things on the 2nd market I didnt get by ~12:03 EST via the mint's messed up (well, jammed up) ordering system. I never used to do enrollments, would hate to miss out on the ground floor to (almost) complete my Eagle set.

Also - it looks like the W proof enrollment is also now closed.

• Options

Their done it would seem 👍🏼

• Options

Howdy.
    This was the best thread I could find to post this. Talk about a kick directly to the (you know). This sold yesterday. Breaks my heart. Why are these so unloved 😳
    A friggin 70 fdoi pcgs! and just given away. Although I did get a great price on a 2011P reverse proof 69.

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 498 ✭✭✭✭✭

It does not matter one bit to me how much these are loved or unloved and what they sell for. I am subscribed to the West Point and San Francisco proof issues and the West Point burnished issue. A total of six coins, two of each. I never grade a coin and all these will remain in their original government packaging, the same as my complete except for two set of these coins going back to 1986. Only the 1995W and 2020 Privy Mark coins are missing, and will stay missing.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2022 1:36PM

I’m sorry if I upset you. This was not my reason for posting but perhaps I should have been more thoughtful.

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

I agree

Bought all the enrollment coins x3

Sold out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file