Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Mr. FedEx just arrived

We were gone from our home for a month….but that didn’t stop me from buying at Heritage Auctions……I will share more detailed photos later…but this is 8 pounds of graded coins and some raw coins…..both of these boxes arrived in one big box. Tip of my hat to the shippers/packers at Heritage, they sure know how to pack coins!

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's quite a haul! What'cha got?

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoKopeiki said:
    That's quite a haul! What'cha got?

Some Greek and Roman, Crusades, Medieval as well as others….not sure why, but I really like these kind of coins. I have lots of pre33 and modern gold as well as Silver Eagles, but really drawn to the ancients!

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! That is quite a haul - now we know why prices are going up! ;)

Looking forward to seeing more. How long have you been collecting and have you always had such broad collecting interests?

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Lets see the coins!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations.
    Now I'm intrigued to see what coins you have acquired.
    Don't keep us in suspense. >:)

• Options

@Bob13 said:
    Wow! That is quite a haul - now we know why prices are going up! ;)

Looking forward to seeing more. How long have you been collecting and have you always had such broad collecting interests?

Mmm, about 6 months. As I collect I find that my collecting changes. Drives my wife nuts because she has been focused on Morgan’s for just about forever. In my case I find that my collecting which started with Silver Eagles has run the route but I find I like the ancient coins or coins that may have been minted during significant world events, like coins minted in France or Holland during Nazi occupation. Henry VIII coins, coins of the crusades, Roman Empire, Greek……have I spent a lot of my retirement cash? Yup! Of all my collections, my cars (Corvettes and Street Rods)have eaten the most amount of cash followed by coins, Mills/Lathes/Tooling, cameras/lenses, 1/24 Carrera Slot Cars, guns…

• Options

I try to put the plastic baggie over my slabs to keep the slabs pristine. Some I haven’t had a chance yet of doing.

• Options

I will be posting up some coins in BST forum as I need to thin the herd a bit. It’s one thing to buy them, another to store them.

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins.

Nothing like jumping in with both feet!

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like the French 1GT!
    What a cool piece of history.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nice stuff! I like the Hainaut motif (later on the Luxembourg piece)! And talk about history - a crusader coin!

My current "Box of 20"