Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2021 Mint set Mintage figures

So, I have just purchased a 2021 mint set on eBay the other week.

I had been waiting to get paid so that I could spend some money to get Washington Crossing the Delaware. It hasn’t been out that long and by the end of October I went to check to see if I could buy it and it’s now gone. The plan was to purchase it today as it’s pay day today for me, instead I’m buying Christmas presents instead as I was lucky enough to get win enough to get one set down the bookies (betting shop in UK English).

So, the US mint has stopped sales, is this temporary or is this it for 2021? Are they wanting to focus now on the remaining coins and 2022 coins coming in a couple of months and with the events of the past year they just want to get back on track with how much they were able to produce pre-pandemic?

Either way if this is it, I though last years set with the limit of 213,000 was low, now this year has set a new low of 164,664 which means that has beaten the last years low and the only year lower is the 1958 Uncirculated Mint Set.

This seems to have passed many people by, limits were taken off of course compared to last year, perhaps the sales were poor with people not buying without a Mintage limit that meant they see it more viable to focus on other coins left and prepare for 2022 coins. Though someone on her mentioned that this might not be the case and that later on they might release more for sale. I’m Not certain this will happen, the only available product is the enrollment and that states it is for the 2022 mint set. Could we be seeing a potentially better set than the 2020 set regardless of there being no W mint mark coin freebie.

Will the 2022 sales be higher? Or are mint set figures in a downward spiral that future years we might see mintage figures lower than 1958 coming (I have my doubts)?

Tell me your thoughts, and if you bought the set, I hear there is a DD on Lincoln’s ear for the Denver mint Cent/Penny did you find one of these?

Last year was certainly good for me with the mint set, my P mint Sacagawea Dollar had a strike through error on obverse ans reverse and I haven’t yet seen any others for this coin with an error to hit the market yet.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file