Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Team Issued 3x5 Auto Submission Questions

Hey everyone, my 1st post and 1st submission is in progress.

I am working on my first submission for auto authentication. I am trying to take advantage of the quarterly special, and I am unsure how to enter these team-issued cards.

I have had these autographed Nolan Ryan 3x5 team cards since the late '80s, and I would like to get them encapsulated. My first question is, do they even qualify for the quarterly special? I don't know if they will fit into a "tallboy" holder or not and the links to sizes I have found on the forum seem to be dead. I saw a post where they talked about sizes being 3 1/2 x 5 1/6th, and I am even more confused than when I first started looking for this info.

If the "tallboy" will work, would the "item type" be "Team Issued Card" or "Postcard" or something else?

Any insight would be helpful and much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lampmode said:
    Hey everyone, my 1st post and 1st submission is in progress.

I am working on my first submission for auto authentication. I am trying to take advantage of the quarterly special, and I am unsure how to enter these team-issued cards.

I have had these autographed Nolan Ryan 3x5 team cards since the late '80s, and I would like to get them encapsulated. My first question is, do they even qualify for the quarterly special? I don't know if they will fit into a "tallboy" holder or not and the links to sizes I have found on the forum seem to be dead. I saw a post where they talked about sizes being 3 1/2 x 5 1/6th, and I am even more confused than when I first started looking for this info.

If the "tallboy" will work, would the "item type" be "Team Issued Card" or "Postcard" or something else?

Any insight would be helpful and much appreciated.

First? Tall boy…

“Exhibit sets had cards measuring 3-3/8” by 5-3/8”

Second?

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/nolan-ryan-master-set/1944

Play around with the sets that have a “camera icon” and see if you can ID exactly what what you have is called…

Third?

Sounds like you will want to sub through PSA/DNA for dual grading of some kind; I recommend getting both signature and card graded for maximum effect. It’s fun as all get out.

Good luck

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lampmode

You could post a picture here, too. People seem to be more eager to help those who share in detail.

I am someone who enjoys these boards and has been helped tremendously by PSA and it’s employees; if you’re nice to people, they’re nice to you and whether it’s been research, submission or set registry related, I have really only had good experiences. We all get rough grades but I am still grateful and helping here is my way of showing thanks.

Hope you get a high post count quickly!

Welcome.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest