Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Strike issues on the 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars

kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
edited October 31, 2021 6:01PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'll kick it off with my D mint. Reverse and Obverse rim issues.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

The lower chin, neck and throat issues (3 areas) are inherit to the die.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2021 12:04PM

How many threads must be created on these? Stick with the first “official” thread. Thanks in advance.

Ps. Just assume the U.S. mint sourced these from alibaba. All better?

• Options
    edited October 31, 2021 12:26PM

@jessewvu said:
    How many threads must be created on these? Stick with the first “official” thread. Thanks in advance.

Ps. Just assume the U.S. mint sourced these from alibaba. All better?

While I agree there are many threads on the new Morgan/Peace dollars, who wants to scroll through 40+ pages of shipping dates, order dates, selling prices and the like just to find the images with strike issues? I certainly do not, but do like the original thread and posted to it many times and still will. It is a valuable resource. This thread, however, is meant to be specifically for strike issues for others who may interested in the like.

• Options

@derryb said:
    The lower chin, neck and throat issues (3 areas) are inherit to the die.

Agreed, but I was attempting to show the rim of the reverse and obverse. That is where the issues with my coin are located.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I am seeing what you are talking about, it looks as if it is a slight die misalignment.... That or some movement within the collar.... not sure which it would be - actually, either way would produce the same result. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited November 1, 2021 7:32AM

Here is a magnification to help show a little better. I apologize for the clarity of the zoomed image.
    I'm keeping the coin. I think it's kind of cool. Just curious if there are more D mints with the same issue.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

So many variations of errors or what ever they come to be called. I saw it but the new pictures do a good job of showing the unusual pattern 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file