Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Las Vegas Show Report

The Show started on Thursday with dealer only, had a fair day but felt the number of dealers was low. Friday had a good public turn out, lots of lookers, my sales were way down from past shows. Saturday was Saturday, didn’t make a sale! Packed up and headed for the airport at 4 PM. Lots of dealers were herding out on Saturday as airfare for Sunday, was five times for me the cost on Saturday. I did buy a few great Morgan’s on Saturday so all in all the show was a success. I will be back in March as the show is very well run. Thanks to Dawn and Frank!

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are we starting to see price resistance from the buying public? Lookers and not buyers?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

I think that there was some price resistance at the show. I only sold one Morgan over $500. Most sales were in the $100 to $200.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2021 11:29AM

Yes once you get over $200-300 it prices most of them out (public coming in door).

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report. Seems to be the first one reporting slow sales though.... Most other reports indicated high volume business with very happy dealers. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was at the show Thursday for dealer day and back on Sunday. Found some good stuff to buy both days and every dealer I talked to said the show was good.
    Didn’t see as many of the vest pocket dealers that I usually do on Thursday.

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

My brother was at this show, he didn't get anything, he thought prices were pretty pricey for what he was looking at. Was a bit higher then he was hoping to spend for somethings.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file