Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

See this tracking history to understand why USPS is slowing down the delivery

Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
edited October 31, 2021 8:49AM in U.S. Coin Forum

October 31, 2021, 10:23 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
LITTLE FALLS, NJ 07424
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in LITTLE FALLS, NJ 07424 on October 31, 2021 at 10:23 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

October 31, 2021, 7:41 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
TETERBORO NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

October 30, 2021, 8:23 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

October 30, 2021, 6:50 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
RIDGEFIELD, NJ 07657

October 30, 2021, 6:36 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

October 30, 2021, 5:53 am
Arrived at Post Office
RIDGEFIELD, NJ 07657

October 30, 2021, 12:34 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

October 27, 2021
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

Comments

• Options

My Morgan P's trip around New Jersey.
    It only need 3 steps, but now it is 8! It bounces back and forth at the regional center for 3 times.

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

Had a USPS registered package take 11 days from Seattle to Carson City, Nevada, made 6 stops in Arizona before back to Carson City.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

My peace dollars went from Irving Texas to Nashville Tennessee to Sarasota Florida to ybor city Florida on its way to Alaska. Guess the coins needed to snow bird for a bit.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

Did you order a boomerang?

• Options

@sumdunce said:

New Jersey USPS gives me one for free.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@sumdunce said:

All that bouncing was on one day. I'm not sure what that has to do with the slow down. It would be sitting still, but moving.

Bouncing like that is usually due to a routing problem with the package. I've seen it a lot over the years.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Samuel8 said:

@sumdunce said:

All that bouncing was on one day. I'm not sure what that has to do with the slow down. It would be sitting still, but moving.

Bouncing like that is usually due to a routing problem with the package. I've seen it a lot over the years.

Normally, after "Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility" the next step is my local post office, usually arrives at my local office in the early morning around 6 or 7 o'clock, and I can receive the package around 11 o'clock.
    Right now, the package is at another town's post office, I do not know how the package will be transferred to my local office, goes back to the reginal center?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a registered package arrive from Italy in a week or so.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Samuel8 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Samuel8 said:

@sumdunce said:

Normally, after "Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility" the next step is my local post office, usually arrives at my local office in the early morning around 6 or 7 o'clock, and I can receive the package around 11 o'clock.
    Right now, the package is at another town's post office, I do not know how the package will be transferred to my local office, goes back to the reginal center?

But that is more consistent with the routing or addressing problem I mentioned than any slow down. The point of the slow down is to do less shipping not more.

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fishpro said:
    Had a USPS registered package take 11 days from Seattle to Carson City, Nevada, made 6 stops in Arizona before back to Carson City.

Registered mail trades expediency for security. I'll take security every time.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just do not worry about these things... I cannot control them, therefore, no stress on my part. If something catastrophic occurs, then I will deal with it. I never even bother to track packages. Just a waste of my time. Can always be done later if it becomes necessary... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Luck of the draw I guess. I got an email a week ago saturday that my 2021-O dollars had shipped and they arrived that Monday.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

This is my Peace dollar. Arrived at the regional center which is 21 miles away from my home yesterday, will be delivered this Thursday. I usually receive package the next morning after it arrives at the regional center.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

My delivery times have been great , lately Then ofcourse there’s this lost little guy. Going in circles and trying to get to the mountains 😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

This order apparently got split into two;

Departing from two different (CA and IL) locations on the same date, same time...twice.

No, it is just one item, not a multiple item order. Who knows, I may get more than one!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just be glad it didn't go to Jamaica, NY. My CAC orders go there for a long stay most of the time.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent registered mail on 29th to Texas and it is still stuck at Charlotte and it has been there for four days and no movement at all. :smirk:

• Options

@No Headlights said:
    Just be glad it didn't go to Jamaica, NY. My CAC orders go there for a long stay most of the time.

That's the international mail landing point right?

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

First class package sent from Alaska to Arizona in three days. Pure luck of the draw I guess.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

though what I bought wasn’t a coin, I share your frustration for postal services. I bought a Pokémon card in the UK, I’m in Germany, and Royal Snail Mail sent it to the US by mistake, then it went around several US postal areas from Chicago to New York, eventually back to the UK, only they sent it back to Chicago again who sent it back to New York, back to the UK again who sent it back to America and back to the UK another time before it finally made its way to Germany.

I have no idea why, at one point it was out for delivery in the Chicago area and well I bet the postman was confused by the address thinking what on earth is a Straße.

I sometimes feel they really need to go back to school and learn geography or they should have paid attention some people including that in the Royal Mail which I have never had to complain about until this package.

My question does most mail in the US travel by road rather than air, as it goes around several places thinking why do packages with tracking have to go to so many sorting offices before they get them to the international dispatch offices.

• Options
    Picker1954Picker1954 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

I sent a package to Arizona. It made a slight detour to Hawaii.

• Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent a registered package on 10/22, still not there and no tracking update since 10/25.
    Sounds lost to me.

liefgold
  • Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vulcanize said:
    Sent registered mail on 29th to Texas and it is still stuck at Charlotte and it has been there for four days and no movement at all. :smirk:

The USPS tracking showed a lot of update changes including some random info from September, but package finally reached Texas stating that it was out for delivery on the 4th and no delivery attempt was made :frowning:
    The recipient even checked the video footage of the Ring door bell in their independent home and no mail person had come up to the door on the 4th nor left any note.

Surprisingly, the USPS website update then mentioned it to be available for pickup on 5th at the post office.
    She (addressee) arrived at the post office five minutes late on Saturday (6th) because they had changed their closing time from 2 pm to 12 pm and she was unaware.

Yesterday (Monday the 8th) morning when she went again to collect it, the guy at the window said the package cannot be traced and that a supervisor needs to be contacted.

This young lady who just had a baby three months back sounded quite upset since she had a long drive to the post office, leaving her kid with a babysitter and frantically called me from the post office :anguished:
    She had been given an 800 number for customer service, so told her to relax and that I would revert after reaching out to USPS.
    Tried the 800 number and got the machine as usual which led me nowhere. After mutiple attempts and jumping through hoops, was put on hold for twenty five minutes with country music, managing to finally reach an agent who raised a Service Request number.

Within half an hour, got a call from the post office that the registered mail was found since it apparently had been in a different bin.
    Called the recipient right away and asked her to go right back to collect it before it gets lost again (the package was insured for 10k).

The whole experience has now made me a skeptic because there was no delivery attempt made plus it was very callous of the first person to not check thoroughly when the recipient went to collect it. :angry:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file