Home Sports Talk

Favorite Halloween candies?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your favorite Halloween candies of all time?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't stand candy corn, go back to where you came from evil demons!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I can't stand candy corn, go back to where you came from evil demons!

I like candy corn. One of my kids considers it his favorite candy.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 3 that I can't resist: (even tough them cheapskates don't give out Mallow Cups anymore)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

OH Hell Yeah - did you ever put them in the microwave then pour over a cheesecake??
    LOL!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

OH Hell Yeah - did you ever put them in the microwave then pour over a cheesecake??
    LOL!

Now there's a good idea sir!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2021 6:26PM

My girlfriends two kids used to get their candy buckets raided by me, or should I say “Attempted” to raid. My favorites are Reese Cups which they are very stingy about giving. The almond joy they don’t like and I love those, I also like Hershey bars and like to put regular peanut butter on them. For some reason Kit Kat doesn’t do it for me anymore.

Regarding Mallo Cups, they are awesome but very rare on Halloween In our neighborhood. 🎃👻

@perkdog said:
    My girlfriends two kids used to get their candy buckets raided by me, or should I say “Attempted” to raid. My favorites are Reese Cups which they are very stingy about giving. The almond joy they don’t like and I love those, I also like Hershey bars and like to put regular peanut butter on them. For some reason Kit Kat doesn’t do it for me anymore.

Regarding Mallo Cups, they are awesome but very rare on Halloween In our neighborhood. 🎃👻

These may bring you back to the Kit Kats.

@LandrysFedora said:

@perkdog said:

These may bring you back to the Kit Kats.

My father is a candy junkie, and he loves mint style chocolate. I might have to try that and definitely get him that. 👍🏼👍🏼

I've got three king size Reese's sitting on my table right now, I also love Mallow Cups, but they are hard to find in my area.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just give me a hollow milk chocolate rabbit so I can bite his ears off with a marshmallow chick on the side. Or maybe a chick named Candy so I can nibble on her…, well you get the idea.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    Just give me a hollow milk chocolate rabbit so I can bite his ears off with a marshmallow chick on the side. Or maybe a chick named Candy so I can nibble on her…, well you get the idea.

LOL I like the way you think.

The chocolate marshmallow holiday candy is delicious

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reese Cups first and foremost. Nothing else compares. Who ever created Reese Cups
    has my forever thanks. A national holiday should be declared for this person. Love me some
    Reese Cups. Did I mention Reese Cups? YUM!!

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a neighbor who hates Reese's peanut butter cups, says she can't stand them.

I just stared at her in disbelief as she exposed this incredible (sacrilege really) and unthinkable thought that any human could be so anti Reese's. Something tragic must have happened in her youth!! Oddly, when we go over to socialize, she has a pretty fair amount of Reese's on a desert plate for all to enjoy. Her husband loves them.

DD loves them so much he has them with beer for breakfast. This appears to be a one foot diameter version, I think he mentioned he downs 2 of these each morning, 1 beer seems to wash it down just right. B)

• paulb71paulb71 Posts: 272 ✭✭✭✭

Reese cups first and Reese pieces second..................

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I have a neighbor who hates Reese's peanut butter cups, says she can't stand them.

I just stared at her in disbelief as she exposed this incredible (sacrilege really) and unthinkable thought that any human could be so anti Reese's. Something tragic must have happened in her youth!! Oddly, when we go over to socialize, she has a pretty fair amount of Reese's on a desert plate for all to enjoy. Her husband loves them.

DD loves them so much he has them with beer for breakfast. This appears to be a one foot diameter version, I think he mentioned he downs 2 of these each morning, 1 beer seems to wash it down just right. B)

Yes, I just finished eating a king size Reese's for lunch, this time I had Pepsi with it instead of beer, I'm all hopped up on sugar!

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2021 10:03AM

@MCMLVTopps said:

My kind of girl. Those peanut butter cups are GROSS!

• SonnyDSonnyD Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

Rolos or Charleston Chews

Ounce by ounce the stack grows .

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2021 10:06AM

Necco Wafers are my favorite. And Good and Plenty!

Been eating a lot of these lately, the wife brought a box home and got me hooked, it's chocolate ice cream in between chocolate cookie with M&Ms on top.

@Hydrant said:
    Necco Wafers are my favorite. And Good and Plenty!

Oh I forgot about Neccos. I love those! Only place to find them where I am is at our local Cracker Barrel which we very rarely frequent.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2021 11:46AM

I don’t think there is a candy on earth that I won’t eat. Love me some brownies, ice cream, chocolate cake. I’m 165 lbs 32 waist and can eat a whole chocolate cake in 5 days and not gain an ounce. My wife hates me. I mean HATES me!!!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't lay a finger on my butterfinger, snickers, milky way, rolos'. reese's, twix, 3 musketeers, kit kat,
    m&m's plain, m&m's peanut, hershey's milk chocolate, hersheys almond, hersheys kisses, krackel, candy corn, milk duds,
    strawberry twizzlers, york perppermint patties, or nestle crunch.

perkdog can have all the almond joys and baby ruths'. :D

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@2dueces said:
    I don’t think there is a candy on earth that I won’t eat. Love me some brownies, ice cream, chocolate cake. I’m 165 lbs 32 waist and can eat a whole chocolate cake in 5 days and not gain an ounce. My wife hates me. I mean HATES me!!!

That’s awesome lol. Do you work out regularly or just got hood genes?

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Used to love these. I have not seen in 30 years.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

@Alfonz24 said:

Used to love these. I have not seen in 30 years.

I have never seen those. They look delicious, I’m going to Amazon and going to hunt for it lol

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s easy…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

My wife stole my last king sized Reese's, it isn't fair, I never want to see Halloween again!

A yummy confection my mom used to have in our house growing up.