Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1829 C. Wolfe, Clark & Spies Framed Portrait Token....well this made my day, heck my week!

coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

1829 Rulau NY 960 Electrotype of C. Wolfe Spies & Clark ,New York Hardware & Military Store
Washington President with busts of George Washington and Andrew Jackson
These pieces just do not come up for auction, they just don't........and the few I've researched were auctioned as real
and later discover as Electrotypes. Which actually made them rarer and worth more money.
This die combination so happens to be one of the rare versions with Jackson being in a rectangle. I think only one other combination with the eagle on the reverse is more

As far as Electro's go I would say this one is pretty dang good. The side have been filled smooth but can see a very slight seem
but nothing significant. Weight is 6.8grams and is lead filled. I'm fairly certain where they attached the wires but will see if someone wants to say anything.
Check out the luster......the clean fields , the fairly detailed portraits as most struck look like this one would probably grade a MS63 and would cost upwards of several thousands of dollars.
This will fit super nicely into my electrotype collection.

Stacks link here

This picture is by my cellphone so its not the clearest but does show the edges

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file