Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Be on the Lookout please( Update) Cards Found

lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 20, 2021 6:47PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A long story short we were with the group auto grading which finally popped and the packages were sent off. Maddux sent myself the package priority mail and with the confirmation said it was delivered to my PO Box. Of course checking the mail in eager anticipation the package wasn't in my P.O box.
I've been to the Post Office numerous of times with no outcome to where the package is, so if you do see these cards pop up on eBay or anywhere please let myself know. It wasn't just myself, I submitted with two other collectors as well. Here is the list of cards:

196 1 Auto Grade: Questionable Authenticity 1985 Topps 401 Mark McGwire 1984 USA Baseball Team Card
197 1 49617651 Item Grade: EXCELLENT-MINT 6
Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 1976 Topps 160 Dave WinfieldPSA/DNA Certified Card
198 1 49617652 Item Grade: NEAR MINT 7
Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 1985 Donruss 581 Orel HershiserPSA/DNA Certified Card
199 1 49617653 Item Grade: EXCELLENT 5
Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 1975 Topps 61 Dave WinfieldPSA/DNA Certified Card
200 1 49617654 Item Grade: NEAR MINT-MINT 8
Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 1986 Donruss 33 Andres Galarraga No Accent MarkPSA/DNA Certified Card
201 1 Auto Grade: Questionable Authenticity 1982 O-Pee-Chee 107 Wayne Gretzky in Action Card
202 1 49617656 Item Grade: EXCELLENT 5
Auto Grade: MINT 9 1990 Score 336 Wayne GretzkyPSA/DNA Certified Card
203 1 49617657 Item Grade: MINT 9
Auto Grade: MINT 9 1991 Score Rising Stars 78 Frank ThomasPSA/DNA Certified Card
204 1 49617658 Item Grade: NEAR MINT-MINT 8
Auto Grade: MINT 9 2007 Ultra 41 Ken Griffey Jr.PSA/DNA Certified Card
205 1 49617659 Item Grade: MINT 9
Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 1990 Fleer Box Panels-Hand Cut C-2 Tim BelcherPSA/DNA Certified Card
206 1 49617660 Item Grade: NEAR MINT-MINT 8
Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 1990 Upper Deck 547 Tim BelcherPSA/DNA Certified Card
207 1 49617661 Item Grade: NEAR MINT 7
Auto Grade: MINT 9 1989 Donruss 203 Tim BelcherPSA/DNA Certified Card
208 1 Item Grade: N9: NOT GRADED No Spec Info, No Grade, No Charge Card
209 1 Item Grade: N9: NOT GRADED No Spec Info, No Grade, No Charge Card
210 1 Item Grade: N9: NOT GRADED No Spec Info, No Grade, No Charge Card

Thanks
Mike

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
Vintage Rookies

Comments

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 551 ✭✭✭✭

Oh boy. I hate seeing these type of posts. Hopefully these find it's way back to your PO Box. I have had things in limbo and then miraculously, they have shown up. Sorry to hear about this Mike. I'll keep my eyes open.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

are you in nevada by chance? hopefully not.

been a pretty big discovery of a postal worker(s) specifically targeting sports cards, manipulating tracking labels & selling them on discord group sites.

basically anything that says sports card, myslabs, comc, beckett, psa, sgc or any relatable subject label.

guy actually coined a card w his usps id to prove he had the cards. straight idiot for sure.

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

For transparency, here is the shipping info. I just blurred out my info because that is irrelevant. Oh and blurry check your PMs ;)

• Options

Not in Nevada here, just out in the middle of BFE Northern California

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would enter all of the certification numbers on the PSA registry and file a police report. If someone tries register the cards you will have proof that they are your cards. PSA may be able to help you get them back.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@jfkheat said:
    I would enter all of the certification numbers on the PSA registry and file a police report. If someone tries register the cards you will have proof that they are your cards. PSA may be able to help you get them back.

That's a good idea. But assuming the thief doesn't try to register the card at PSA, instead will sell the card(s) to a third party and they try to register the card. What happens in that case? It's a stolen card but the buyer had no idea.

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

How big is your PO Box? At my office most boxes are small and aren't big enough for any priority packages. They usually leave a 3849 peach colored slip in the box and put the package on the shelf for when you come to the counter to pick it up. Is it possible that it's on a wrong shelf? Maybe ask them to check again. It probably wasn't the normal package clerk (Packages come in the early early morning, not at 230 pm) so they might have done something different.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2021 9:38AM

There was a similar story like that on CBS Chicago news this morning.

It’s truly sad… :/

• Options

@maddux69 said:
    For transparency, here is the shipping info. I just blurred out my info because that is irrelevant. Oh and blurry check your PMs ;)

got it. and thank you for the reminder! 😉

• Options

I have a pretty big P.O Box that a medium flat rate box could fit into. But this has never happened before where is says that it was actually delivered to my P.O box and wasn't there. I know the post master and she hasn't seen it either hopefully it will pop up soon or fell into some cracks or something.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2021 1:32PM

@blurryface said:
    are you in nevada by chance? hopefully not.

been a pretty big discovery of a postal worker(s) specifically targeting sports cards, manipulating tracking labels & selling them on discord group sites.

basically anything that says sports card, myslabs, comc, beckett, psa, sgc or any relatable subject label.

guy actually coined a card w his usps id to prove he had the cards. straight idiot for sure.

CGC, who I do far, far too much business with, when USPS is selected only ships registered. My guess is that makes theft by postal worker far more difficult - or is that merely wishful thinking?

Off topic but I will say this about CGC they too we inundated with business during the pandemic but did not resort to much of the PSA "nonsense" and comics take up far more square footage than trading cards.

A CGC 9.8 in 2021 is the same standard as a 9.8 in 2019. Although I do feel they were more strict from 1999-2005/2006. Of course there are always some puzzling grades both +/- but that is to be expected. Maintaining a census linearity is not concern of theirs.

All that said while CGC may be the leader in Comics I'm not happy with them for multitude of reasons.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2021 2:34PM

@82FootballWaxMemorys

When CGC first started I felt that a 9.6 was almost always a book I would be happy with. But in the past five years I see 9.6s with multiple spine creases, corner wear, etc. I’ve even seen a few 9.8s that I would have thought would be 9.0s. It really is a kind of inflation, because a book that would have been a 9.2 is now worth 9.6 prices.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    @82FootballWaxMemorys

When CGC first started I felt that a 9.6 was almost always a book I would be happy with. But in the past five years I see 9.6s with multiple spine creases, corner wear, etc. I’ve even seen a few 9.8s that I would have thought would be 9.0s. It really is a kind of inflation, because a book that would have been a 9.2 is now worth 9.6 prices.

Agreed and was going to reply but realize this is off-topic so I'm stopping. I do hope the cards arrive safe n sound at "lilmule" 's

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

I have never made a PO claim before so I am assuming I have to come up with sales of a 90 Score Gretzky Auto card and then Maddux will have to file the claim or am I just wishing and basically out about 600+ in cards? Of course the perfectly good Gretzky that PSA shot down is still worth 150-200 in my book so I am out that too? That old school Thomas is going to be hard to replace!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

have you asked the post master to check surrounding boxes? remember hearing a story of a collector finally getting a “lost package” from a fellow vacationing po boxer. the postal employees stuck it in their box during the summer months and when they came back he gave it back to the postal employees telling them they were just 2 boxes off. it had been sitting there for nearly 5 months just inches away. apparently happens quite a bit.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

Any word on my cards?

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

No words on the cards yet. There is a gentleman that lives in town that has the last name as myself, I even talked to him personally and through town he has a great reputation asked him if he accidentally received the package which he hasn't. The boxes next to mine were searched at the beginning and still no package. I talked to the postmaster and they received a phone call about the missing package through the main post office and told them that hasn't been seen but know of that package very very well through me and are on a constant lookout for it.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saw this thread and really sorry to hear this, especially to Michael, one of the great guys here on this forum. Hoping the package turns up somewhere. The fact that none of the certs have surfaced or been entered for the registry is a good sign the package may just be misplaced. Hoping for the best.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

My post office can literally pull up the GPS tracking of the delivery location. I just give them the tracking number and they can usually tell within a few feet of where it was actually delivered. Good luck. I know this really sucks.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

I would like to see a police report entered, as I don't believe that has taken place yet. There is enough value in that package that I think a police report should have been filed a long time ago

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Sad. Proper procedure to actually get Postal action was outlined in a previous thread including a police report. Additionally, there has never been any mention of how much insurance was on the package.

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

I really hope this works out in the end. Seeing this happen is another reason for people to consider collectors insurance. The insurance I have covers items lost in the mail.

• Options
    MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

At the very least, you should have gotten signature confirmation, since these cards are worth a good chunk of change. Then you could demand they show you the form that was allegedly signed by Mike. Without SC, they will swear they put it in the right box and swear that all their employees are honest and would never steal any package.

Bottom line, without signature confirmation, the post office will continue to claim it was delivered and not stolen or misplaced by one of their workers. You could file a police report, but it would be a hard sell. Sorry this happened to you guys.

• Options
    edited December 8, 2021 9:04PM

@MisterTim1962 said:
    At the very least, you should have gotten signature confirmation, since these cards are worth a good chunk of change. Then you could demand they show you the form that was allegedly signed by Mike. Without SC, they will swear they put it in the right box and swear that all their employees are honest and would never steal any package.

Bottom line, without signature confirmation, the post office will continue to claim it was delivered and not stolen or misplaced by one of their workers. You could file a police report, but it would be a hard sell. Sorry this happened to you guys.

PSA always ships submission packages with signature confirmation but it doesn't appear that was used for this package. Signature confirmation is typically required for any third party collectibles insurance claim (in my case, up to $2500 if using USPS Priority Mail).

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

PSA always ships submission packages with signature confirmation but it doesn't appear that was used for this package.

Maybe I'm confused, but I don't think PSA sent the cards to Mike (lilmule). They were sent by Jason (Maddux69), who originally got them from PSA? I could be wrong, though.

• Options

@MisterTim1962 said:

PSA always ships submission packages with signature confirmation but it doesn't appear that was used for this package.

Maybe I'm confused, but I don't think PSA sent the cards to Mike (lilmule). They were sent by Jason (Maddux69), who originally got them from PSA? I could be wrong, though.

Yes, that was my point. Had the package been shipped by PSA it would have been with signature confirmation but that was not the case here.

• Options

Sorry, I can be a little dense sometimes! Another issue is mailing them in the flat rate padded envelope. Way to easy for someone to stuff that in their jacket. When I used to sell concert tickets, I'd always mail them in a large box to make sure that didn't happen. Also much harder for them to misplace a large box.

• Options

@MisterTim1962 said:
    Sorry, I can be a little dense sometimes! Another issue is mailing them in the flat rate padded envelope. Way to easy for someone to stuff that in their jacket. When I used to sell concert tickets, I'd always mail them in a large box to make sure that didn't happen. Also much harder for them to misplace a large box.

Another issue? :| Who are you again? Unless you have ever run a group sub or anything like such, then come talk to me. These 15 cards were sent in a PSA box and then put in a padded fr mailer for extra protection. If you have never seen such, it is actually pretty bulky and harder to conceal than a standard box in which PSA sends the cards back in.

• Options

Pretty defensive, aren't you? I'll tell you who I am. I've been selling on eBay for 20 years, so I know all about shipping items via USPS. You never should have sent it without signature confirmation and it should have been insured for more than $100. It should also have gone in a LARGE box so it wouldn't fit into a P.O. box. That would force the clerk to leave a card in his box to tell him he had to pick up the box at the counter and SIGN for it. You screwed up, period.

• Options

I usually don't feed the trolls so since you brought it up I will indulge you. Any time that I run a sub, I leave it up to the participant and ask the if they would like insurance. Many people do not want a LARGE box and want it sent as economical as possible, whether that be first class or in a small flat rate box. Move along Mr eBay veteran.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

@erba said:
    I really hope this works out in the end. Seeing this happen is another reason for people to consider collectors insurance. The insurance I have covers items lost in the mail.

Could you elaborate on the plan? I may look into it

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@MisterTim1962 said:

Yes, that was my point. Had the package been shipped by PSA it would have been with signature confirmation but that was not the case here.

Hey Grote, hope you’re well.
    Tough situation, I’ve seen with COVID a number of sig con packages they just sign ‘COVID’ and drop it off. I assume that will not happen with REGISTERED mail which seems to be the only way to send a pricey item USPS at the moment.

Not knowing if they will ACTUALLY require a signature or if they won’t based on the winds of fortune with COVID is unsettling.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:

@grote15 said:

@MisterTim1962 said:

Hey Grote, hope you’re well.
    Tough situation, I’ve seen with COVID a number of sig con packages they just sign ‘COVID’ and drop it off. I assume that will not happen with REGISTERED mail which seems to be the only way to send a pricey item USPS at the moment.

Not knowing if they will ACTUALLY require a signature or if they won’t based on the winds of fortune with COVID is unsettling.

All good here, hope you well, too. That is very true~in this day and age, signature confirmation is often difficult to actually obtain though it's better now than it was last year. That said, it's what the collectible insurance companies require in order to file a claim, so I use it solely as a precaution for that purpose.

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 said:

I just recently went through an issue with a package that was sent signature required. The USPS screwed it up any which way.

Apparently this was a substitute carrier on this day, I later found out. First mistake, they didn't come to my door, they went to my neighbors door. We have the same house number and street number too, but the street names are different (Drive vs place). Why this is even possible to do is beyond me , but that is another story.

I go to the PO pick it up, since my neighbor got the pick-up/redelivery slip. The guy behind the counter can't find it after about 10 minutes in the back! He sends me to the postal annex.

The annex takes my name/number and says they'll look into it. In the meantime, I end up catching my regular carrier a few days later. He thinks they misfiled it. I go back to the PO and try again, same guy. He still can't find it after another 10 minute search.

I never hear back from the annex. The pick-up slip has a return to sender warning if the package is not picked up by a certain date. I wait until that date passes and the tracking still has never updated. This is about 2 weeks after the initial delivery attempt was made.

Armed with a photo of the envelope, the slip and my tracking details, I go back to the PO for the third time. Same F'ing guy walks up to help. This time I hand him the stuff and tell him my carrier thinks it may be misfiled. He comes back in about 2 minutes with the package! It was misfiled. My house number ends in 27 and the sub carrier wrong 23!

I guess this doesn't necessariiy mean you should never use signature confirmation, but in my case, if the guy had not, my neighbor would have gotten the package on day 1 and i would have had it that same day (this mis delivery seems to happen a bit with out mail).

Regarding the comment about insurance and letting a buyer choose, isn't the sender responsible regardless? I do not believe an insurance claim can be filed by the recipient anyway, so in effect, the buyer may pay for it, but that should get them a refund from the sender. The sender then needs to do battle with the PO.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:

@erba said:

I got mine through www.collectinsure.com They cover items lost in the mail. Items that don't require a signature is covered up to $200. Items that require a signature are covered up to $2500. I have a smallish collection and also have a few art pieces as well. I bought $17K of coverage and it was $111. A no brainer considering it covers lost mail.

• Options

@mrmopar said:
    Regarding the comment about insurance and letting a buyer choose, isn't the sender responsible regardless? I do not believe an insurance claim can be filed by the recipient anyway, so in effect, the buyer may pay for it, but that should get them a refund from the sender. The sender then needs to do battle with the PO.

Keep in mind this is a group sub where I am doing this as a service to my fellow collectors. I have initiated the lost package searchh and also called the post office myself and spoke to the postmaster. They saidwith it showing delivered, an insurance claim will be denied. This is more than likely a stolen package in which the intended recipient would need to file a police report. Think of it as a package on your doorstep that has been delivered and someone takes it.

• Options

I usually don't feed the trolls so since you brought it up I will indulge you. Any time that I run a sub, I leave it up to the participant and ask the if they would like insurance. Many people do not want a LARGE box and want it sent as economical as possible, whether that be first class or in a small flat rate box. Move along Mr eBay veteran.

I have a right to post my opinion on the fact that you screwed up. Don't like it? Too bad. You're being defensive because you know you're liable for the loss. You tried to save money by sending it in a flat rate padded envelope (your mistake), You didn't get insurance to cover the loss (your mistake). You didn't require signature confirmation (your mistake). If you knew anything about shipping items you would know that the first rule is to protect YOURSELF from potential loss. You don't let the person receiving the goods dictate the cost. The cost to ship something safely is the cost, period.

• Options

I> Regarding the comment about insurance and letting a buyer choose, isn't the sender responsible regardless? I do not believe an insurance claim can be filed by the recipient anyway, so in effect, the buyer may pay for it, but that should get them a refund from the sender. The sender then needs to do battle with the PO.****

He is 100% correct. It's your battle to win or lose with USPS. If you lose, you're out the money.

• Options

@MisterTim1962 said:

I have a right to post my opinion on the fact that you screwed up. Don't like it? Too bad. You're being defensive because you know you're liable for the loss. You tried to save money by sending it in a flat rate padded envelope (your mistake), You didn't get insurance to cover the loss (your mistake). You didn't require signature confirmation (your mistake). If you knew anything about shipping items you would know that the first rule is to protect YOURSELF from potential loss. You don't let the person receiving the goods dictate the cost. The cost to ship something safely is the cost, period.

Do you just come on the boards to argue with people, tell them they're wrong and you're always right? Looking through your posts in all forums here, it seems to be your schtick.

• Options

@mrmopar said:

@MisterTim1962 said:

I just recently went through an issue with a package that was sent signature required. The USPS screwed it up any which way.

Apparently this was a substitute carrier on this day, I later found out. First mistake, they didn't come to my door, they went to my neighbors door. We have the same house number and street number too, but the street names are different (Drive vs place). Why this is even possible to do is beyond me , but that is another story.

I go to the PO pick it up, since my neighbor got the pick-up/redelivery slip. The guy behind the counter can't find it after about 10 minutes in the back! He sends me to the postal annex.

The annex takes my name/number and says they'll look into it. In the meantime, I end up catching my regular carrier a few days later. He thinks they misfiled it. I go back to the PO and try again, same guy. He still can't find it after another 10 minute search.

I never hear back from the annex. The pick-up slip has a return to sender warning if the package is not picked up by a certain date. I wait until that date passes and the tracking still has never updated. This is about 2 weeks after the initial delivery attempt was made.

Armed with a photo of the envelope, the slip and my tracking details, I go back to the PO for the third time. Same F'ing guy walks up to help. This time I hand him the stuff and tell him my carrier thinks it may be misfiled. He comes back in about 2 minutes with the package! It was misfiled. My house number ends in 27 and the sub carrier wrong 23!

I guess this doesn't necessariiy mean you should never use signature confirmation, but in my case, if the guy had not, my neighbor would have gotten the package on day 1 and i would have had it that same day (this mis delivery seems to happen a bit with out mail).

That last paragraph is incorrect at least as far as private collectibles insurance policies are concerned. Your collectibles are covered under the terms of your policy both to and from your destination as long as they shipped with signature confirmation (up to $2500 for USPS Priority and up to $60,000 for USPS Express). The claim would be filed by the policy holder (recipient) in this case.

You are correct if you are referring to USPS POSTAL insurance. However, I never buy insurance from the USPS as I am covered under my collectibles policy and my understanding is that USPS is not exactly easy to work with in the event you need to file a claim.

• Options

@erba said:

@Ahmanfan said:

@erba said:

I got mine through www.collectinsure.com They cover items lost in the mail. Items that don't require a signature is covered up to $200. Items that require a signature are covered up to $2500. I have a smallish collection and also have a few art pieces as well. I bought $17K of coverage and it was $111. A no brainer considering it covers lost mail.

+1 for Collect Insure. They are very popular among collectors and very easy to work with, too. The money I save annually in postal insurance pays for a large chunk of my annual premium, too.

• Options

Do you just come on the boards to argue with people, tell them they're wrong and you're always right? Looking through your posts in all forums here, it seems to be your schtick.

I have an opinion and sometimes it's contrary to the OP. I know he was trying to be a nice guy on this deal, but no good deed goes unpunished. He didn't protect himself from the incompetent USPS workers and he is now liable for those lost cards.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

Quote:

I feel your pain. So, if I'm following this correctly, lilmule is Michael Duncan PO Box 1047 Happy Camp. Michael needs to file a police report and report to postal inspection service on the USPS website. Additionally, hit the PO from all directions. Under contact us: email them "where is my package?" and call customer care 1-800-275-8777. The Happy Camp PO will be required to respond timely. Still, the question remains about how much insurance was on the package as the PO would not pay out more than it was insured for.

This!!!!! And when the PO closes the case, do it again and again and again. They do not like re-opened cases. No claim will be paid to the sender as the package shows delivered. It was stolen (by one of the 3 employees or misdelivered and kept). I was part of the group sub and Jason DID ask how I wanted my cards returned and if I wanted additional insurance above the $50 that comes with priority mail. OK, Postal Bashers..... I'm going to admit it.... I did 33+ at USPS and the last 14 in management. Plenty of incompetent employees there and everywhere as a matter of fact. Additionally, purchasing Postal Service insurance is stupid (way too much paperwork to prove claim and they will fight it endlessly). The best way if using USPS is to insure Express Mail with signature requested...... the Premier service and guarantee that can't be denied but would have cost $40+. My guess was that this package was sent economically without additional insurance, therefore, the most you would receive from any claim is $50. This is my opinion only and just facts.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 said:

........You tried to save money by sending it in a flat rate padded envelope (your mistake), You didn't get insurance to cover the loss (your mistake). You didn't require signature confirmation (your mistake). If you knew anything about shipping items you would know that the first rule is to protect YOURSELF from potential loss. You don't let the person receiving the goods dictate the cost. The cost to ship something safely is the cost, period.

He's not a business. He was doing a FAVOR. I ran a group sub 2 year ago and when I got all the cards back from PSA I notified each participant that the cards were back and how did they want me to send them out to them. Most (just like me) did terrible on the grades so they wanted them back as cheap as possible, almost all of them uninsured.

They are not cards he sold to them, and in situations like this, unfortunately, there is inherent risk for the FAVOR being done.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2021 10:40AM

@MisterTim1962 said:

I have an opinion and sometimes it's contrary to the OP. I know he was trying to be a nice guy on this deal, but no good deed goes unpunished. He didn't protect himself from the incompetent USPS workers and he is now liable for those lost cards.

Sometimes? Seems like all the time.

I would disagree that he is liable. When the option of insurance was denied, the package was sent with tracking and was scanned as delivered. He did his part. It's no different than a UPS, FedEx or Amazon package being stolen of a porch.

• Options

@nam812 said:

@MisterTim1962 said:

........You tried to save money by sending it in a flat rate padded envelope (your mistake), You didn't get insurance to cover the loss (your mistake). You didn't require signature confirmation (your mistake). If you knew anything about shipping items you would know that the first rule is to protect YOURSELF from potential loss. You don't let the person receiving the goods dictate the cost. The cost to ship something safely is the cost, period.

He's not a business. He was doing a FAVOR. I ran a group sub 2 year ago and when I got all the cards back from PSA I notified each participant that the cards were back and how did they want me to send them out to them. Most (just like me) did terrible on the grades so they wanted them back as cheap as possible, almost all of them uninsured.

They are not cards he sold to them, and in situations like this, unfortunately, there is inherent risk for the FAVOR being done.

Agree 100%.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they show up. At this point it might seem like a long shot but we have all heard the stories about packages showing up months later.

We used to do a nice pay it forward, maybe we should do another one if Lil Mules cards never show up? Did Jackstraw lose out on cards too? We can include him.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surely not the only one wondering if @MisterTim1962 is an alt too afraid to post these opinions under his real ID, or rather wondering whose alt he is.

• Options
    Kepper19Kepper19 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:

@mrmopar said:

Keep in mind this is a group sub where I am doing this as a service to my fellow collectors. I have initiated the lost package searchh and also called the post office myself and spoke to the postmaster. They saidwith it showing delivered, an insurance claim will be denied. This is more than likely a stolen package in which the intended recipient would need to file a police report. Think of it as a package on your doorstep that has been delivered and someone takes it.

agreed -- wondering why a police report hasn't been filed yet?