1901-s Barber Quarter!! Guess the grade!!
After I get responses, I will reveal the slab. 

Comments
-
I'll guess a VF20 on this one.
1 -
-
20? Looks nice.
0 -
25
1 -
25 also. Nice looking key date!
Successful BST transactions with 177 members. breakdown, scotty1419, mattniss, bigjpst, onlyroosies, Manorcourtman, guitarwes, Ebeneezer, Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug1 -
I'll go 25 ... looks great!
1 -
VF20 Nice coin.
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire0 -
- Congrats.
We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.1 -
whatever it is, congratz, as not many will own one of these, EVEN in that condition!
<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -1 -
20 camp here.
0 -
I will go 25 on this one
1 -
F15.
1 -
25
1 -

Thanks for all the responses. This coin happens to be in an OGH and has been graded as F15. Maybe it would grade higher now due to gradeflation.2 -
Looks like a nice coin. I can see some old-time grading of F15, but I personally would expect it to be in the VF range.
1 -
And I agree, I would suspect this would generally auction at a VF price. The pictures appear to put it in the 20-25 range.
Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.1 -
bean that sucker
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions2 -
7 posts in and already off to a great start
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions2 -
Ive seen this coin before, it would probably grade a 20 today, But Id keep the old holder.
1 -
Lovely coin. My guess (key word, because I don't know Barbers at all) was going to be 20-25.
When in doubt, don't.0 -
Looks to be in the VF20 grade range - but to have it in an old holder compared to a new holder but in a higher grade? Decisions, decisions...........
"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"
0 -
That’s what stickers are for
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions0 -
It may be cracked out and placed in the Dany.
0 -
@MsMorrisine said:
[That’s what stickers are for]I guess you're right - can't go wrong there............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"
6 -
VF20 and on a bad day F15. Close call.
Jim
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain0 -
For a comparison, here is a VF20 that is currently for sell.
2 -
Correctly graded IMO. Nice coin!
Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.2 -
20
0 -
@Pharmer007 said:

Thanks for all the responses. This coin happens to be in an OGH and has been graded as F15. Maybe it would grade higher now due to gradeflation.Or a gold CAC
Frank
BHNC #2030 -
Too nice for that holder.
I love them Barber Halves.....0 -
I don’t pay above grade on holder.
Investor0 -
Do you consider the 20 to be grade-flated?
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions0 -
@Dave99B said:
Correctly graded IMO. Nice coin!Dave
I agree. After looking at various examples including the one posted here by the OP after the grade reveal, my assessment of 25 shows that I was over grading for sure. The differences that I see are detail in the hair below the L in Liberty obverse, and eagle's wings on reverse.
0 -
Great coin! I like
0 -
-
@MsMorrisine said:
Do you consider the 20 to be grade-flated?I would not. But others can chime in as well.
0 -
I am late to the party, but I was going to say 15.
0 -
Wow... nice piece. I'm late to the show, but I still think its VF...
Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;
Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.0 -
@golden said:
I am late to the party, but I was going to say 15.Same here.
0 -
Late to the party, but thought 25.... surprised at 15... will study it more. Cheers, RickO
1 -
I understand the grade for that time period and as far as sending to CAC, the insurance cost would be tremendous. I don't think it would justify the gain, unless able to attend a coin show and hand it over and get it back without shipping.
Jim
When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain0 -
I like the 15 in the OGH more than the 20 OP mentions is for sale.
Vern
l
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.0
Leave a Comment
Categories
- All Categories
- 520.1K Coins and Currency - PCGS
- 328.6K U.S. Coin Forum
- 14.8K PCGS Set Registry Forum
- 5.2K Q & A Forum
- 41.4K World & Ancient Coins Forum
- 3K U.S. & World Currency Forum
- 96.4K Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
- 7.3K Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
- 1.5K Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
- 61 Random
- 246.2K Trading Cards, Autographs and Memorabilia - PSA
- 90.3K Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
- 1.7K Autographs Forum
- 16.4K PSA Set Registry Forum
- 22K Sports Talk
- 115K Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
- 663 Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
- 2.2K Stamps
- 1.5K Stamps Forum
- 670 Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
- 83 Coin Shows
- 83 General Coin Show Information and Discussion
- 11.9K Misc
- 11.9K Testing Forum















