Options
Thrift shift find. Silver?
dagingerbeasttt
Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭
I can't seem to find the markings online anywhere to find out if this is silver . Paid 3$ for it


0
Comments
No, it's not silver. With a large company like International, if it were actual silver it would be stamped International Sterling.
Edit:
International Silver Silver Soldered is also listed under silver plate here on the bottom right.
https://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_I.html
Collector
Over 100 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 57 members and counting!
instagram.com/klnumismatics
Thank you.
Interesting item, but likely plated; seems to be some flaking/rusting around the edges?
I started to clean it off. It had a bunch of black substance all over it. No flaking or rust that I noticed .but I thought it was neat.
I suspect that only the solder used to join two metals contains trace amounts of silver.
"Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong
I believe (As @derryb said) that just the solder used was of silver content... That is why it is clearly stated. Cheers, RickO