Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Does every First Place winner get a plaque?

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

:#

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

From the Annual Awards link in the Set Registry Dashboard Menu:

AWARDS
    Gold Level: Set Registry gold is awarded to the best sets in the following categories. Note that the awards are determined by the PCGS Awards Committee.

2022 Best Classic Sets - 1792-1964 (including Lincoln cents and Washington quarters): The best sets from the 1792 to 1964 "Classic Era" of United States Federal coinage.

2022 Best Modern Sets - 1950 to date (including Jefferson nickels, Roosevelt dimes, and Franklin half dollars): The best sets from the Modern Era of coin collecting.

2022 Best Mint and Proof Sets: The best quality PCGS graded complete Mint and Proof Sets.

2022 Best Colonials, Private Issues & Territorial Gold, Pattern & Medals Sets: The best sets from the important American specialized series.

2022 Best Low Ball Sets: For this category, the awards go to those that have put together the lowest graded sets. It's tougher than you think!

2022 Best Everyman Sets: The best sets graded under MS60.

2022 Best World Coin Sets: The best sets of non-U.S. coins.

2022 Best New Sets for 2022 (Sets registered between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022): The best newcomers to the PCGS Set Registry.

2022 Best Digital Albums: Determined by a vote of Set Registry members.

2022 "Best of the Registry" Winners
    "Best of the Registry" icons will be awarded to each set that is ranked number one with at least 95% completion, or in the case of large set compositions, those sets with 500 or more coins registered. Note that the completion requirement may be waived if the judges deem a set worthy. ("Best of the Registry" award certificates will be printed and mailed at the winner's request.)

2022 Platinum Level
    The Platinum level is awarded to the currently active sets and collections which have won gold five years in a row and continue to be ranked number one. Sets and collections achieving Platinum level status will not compete for gold level awards. These sets will continue to receive Platinum for each year the sets are ranked number one.

HOF PCGS Set Registry Coin Collecting Hall of Fame
    The ultimate Set Registry accomplishment is induction into the PCGS Set Registry Hall of Fame. Each year All-Time Finest sets and/or collectors are inducted into the Hall of Fame. The PCGS Set Registry Hall of Fame represents PCGS's highest honor.

10 10 Year Anniversary
    Special tribute is paid to any collector whose set has won an award for being ranked number one 10 years in a row.

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

• Options

Thanks! I have a number one set, yet it is in a somewhat obscure Registry (Ike EveryMan's).

:/

peacockcoins

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick
    If you really need a participation plaque. I own sign shop I could whip you up
    Something. 😛

Martin

• Options

@Martin said:
    @braddick
    If you really need a participation plaque. I own sign shop I could whip you up
    Something. 😛

Martin

:o

peacockcoins

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold awards and higher, yes.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @JonJet for the posting.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2021 4:49AM

@braddick said:
    Thanks! I have a number one set, yet it is in a somewhat obscure Registry (Ike EveryMan's).

:/

Hope you get your plaque soon!

By the way, that lowball set looks competitive!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/low-ball-sets/low-ball-denomination-sets/eisenhower-dollars-low-ball-1971-1978/1965